16 September 2006

Wide games!

Well, there was no corn maze yesterday, because the place shut down due to weather. But youth was still SUPER fun - we played games over the whole church. First we played Sardines, and I didn't know how to play at first but apparently one person hides and the rest try to find him and when they do, they hide with him. So Tyler hid, and it took me and girl named Amber AGES to find him. When we did he was in the baptismal tank! So smart! So about 25 people were huddled together in the baptismal tank trying not to giggle. At the end, Erin and another guy (Andy) were the losers because they never found us. Don't worry, Erin, I still love you!
After that we played Grog, which was hilariously funny - one of our youth sponsors got a weird mask and a black hoody and went around trying to catch us, and we were supposed to hunt for flashlight pieces all around the church, and when we got two pieces, the top and bottom of the flashlight, Natalie gave us batteries for them - and as soon as we got a set of three different colored flashlight, we got the secret weapon, which killed the Grog. Very fun. Everybody was kind of exhausted after that, so we played a halfhearted game of Kick the Can and an even more halfhearted game of Capture the Flag, and then hung out until 10 pm.
And the most funny thing about the evening was - I wore black, so that it would be easier to play games in the dark. But I picked that exact evening to wear my GLOW-IN-THE-DARK earrings. I got so used to people going "Your earrings are glowing!" and I have now determined never to wear that particular pair to a youth wide games event again.

But it was very fun. And I'm not really looking forward to today...I need to do some quizzing, I'm babysitting this evening, chores need finishing (insert groan here) and all I want to do is get cosy with a blanket on the couch or maybe the computer chair. I guess there's always Sunday afternoon for that. I also need a shower.

Oh yeah - and I was right, Mom told me to put on an extra sweater. But she did end up turning the heat on in the evening, so it was all good. I stood underneath the vent in my bathroom and was very warm.

~Sil

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You didn't know how to play Sardines? Wow. We played that at camp, but it was outside and very dark. And the people I was with giggled too much.