05 September 2006

School Craziness

Oh boy, today feels like a huge blur in my head, which hurts.

I woke up at eight, which felt early even though I've been doing it for the last week or so anyway, and ate and sorta stumbled through some schoolwork. It'll get better, I guess, as I get more used to it. So I spent the morning mostly doing that, and I did get in a chapter of the Silmarillion (Of The Coming of the Elves and the Captivity of Melkor). I think I finally understand how it all works with the Avari and the Vanyar and the Teleri, Noldor and Eldar. I think I do.

After lunch we went to the music store (FINALLY) and got all my grade 8 books, as well as a few extra that I bought - Jane Austen's World, a music book from the BBC versions of Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Emma and Persuasion. I mostly bought it for the P&P music, but I'm sure the others are good as well. I also got the PotC: Dead Man's Chest music book, which is awesome. It has the Jack Sparrow song (15 pages!), the Kraken theme, the Davy Jones music box theme (a sort of haunting song that I really like for some strange reason), I've Got My Eye On You, Dinner is Served, Wheel of Fortune, Two Hornpipes and the Davy Jones organ song, which is quite similar to the Davy Jones music box theme. I love them all. I also bought a Narnia music book, but I failed to read the small print that said "Inspired by" at the top, which basically means that it's not the movie music, it's just artists who wrote songs about Narnia. Don't get me wrong, I love those artists (they're almost all Christian - REALLY good Christian artists) but it seems like all the songs are basically the same, so I'm returning that one.

And you know what was really funny? If I had had enough time at the store, I would have systematically talked myself out of every single item, including the cool little treble-clef necklace. Which I did end up buying. If my mom hadn't been there to practically grab the money out of my wallet and hand it to the cashier (I love you, Mom), I would have walked out with absolutely nothing. Which would have made no sense - because it was birthday money! Birthday money is for spending! So anyway, that was pretty funny. As soon as I got home I did, in fact, talk myself out of all of them, but by then it was too late, So I'm glad Mom made me get them before I chickened out.

After we got back I did Math, and was rather depressed that I'm on lesson 1 out of 120, not including tests, because math is NOT my favorite subject. But I'll survive. In fact, I noticed that if I did one lesson every single day including weekends for about five months, I'd be done by the end of February! I should do it! I probably won't, because I'll be to lazy, but it's an interesting idea.

Computer was nuts, an hour was barely enough to do everything I wanted to do and I missed blogging (which is why I'm doing it now) and I didn't have enough time to read the ThunderDome thread on Keep to the Code, which is the Jack/Elizabeth and Will/Elizabeth debate thread. It can get pretty heated on there, but I do enjoy reading it. I also didn't have time to make a playlist of my favorite LotR/PotC and Christian music, but that will keep.

I just finished data entry at Mike's, and I am completely wiped. I actually got Dad to take me home early, and then one of our friends took me instead so she could see our patio. It's pretty. But I have a headache and I still need to do some quizzing and boy, did today feel nuts.

Piano starts tomorrow. I hope I can keep all this on my plate!

~Sil

No comments: