02 September 2006

America's Funniest Home Videos

We did, indeed, watch AFHV last night. I love that show, it makes me laugh so much - especially when my dad laughs, and somehow whenever he laughs I want to laugh, even if I don't know what's funny. We watched an hour and then all sorta wandered away - and then discovered it was on AGAIN! So that was fun. There was a really funny one about a squirrel who got into a house when a whole extended family was there for Christmas, and they tried to chase it out with pool skimmers and I think one hockey stick. It was the funniest thing. The poor squirrel!
Then my mom told a story about how once she was home alone, I'm not sure how old she was but she was still living at my grandparents' house, and a squirrel got into their living room. They had golden retrievers, or at least one, but the dogs weren't allowed out of the kitchen so my mom had to convince their current one, Dee, to come get the squirrel, while she stood there sorta cheering Dee on.
Our patio is coming along! We finished digging, laid and leveled the gravel, and brought home some of the paving stones we're going to need. They're super heavy. A friend of ours is coming to get some of the dirt we had leftover today, which is a big relief because we didn't know what we were going to do with it.
I wish it would get colder so I could wear some of my new clothes. I got a super pretty shirt from Reitmans, but it's a shirt for colder weather and it's too warm here still. What annoys me is that I spent half the summer trying to find clothes that fit me, and now I have to do it all over again in winter! It never ends!
And now, since Robyn tagged me...

Random Bookishness

1. Grab the nearest book. (Tolkien's World from A to Z: The Complete Guide to Middle-Earth)
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences (or paragraph) on your blog along with these instructions:

5. In Dunland the Dunlendings preserved their ancient language and primitive culture. In the Third Age they hated the Rohirrim, who had driven them out of the northern valleys of Ered Nimrais and the plains of Western Rohan, and so they frequently attacked that country. The two greatest Dunlending attacks on Rohan were in 2758, when they were led by Wulf, and during the WR, when the Dunlendings were aroused by Saruman.

6. Tag five people. Umm...let's see...my mom, I know she reads this; and if my friends' mom happens to be reading as well, I tag her; and of course Emily; but I don't think Josh has a blog so I can't tag him...Robyn can do it again if she wants to, aaand...that's all I can come up with!

Yes, I know I'm a nerd for the nearest book being a LotR encyclopedia, but I need it here to look up facts.

~Sil

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, I don't have a blog yet. If you can think of a name for one, I might...but I don't have much hope there.

Anonymous said...

I don't really get the tagging thing. While it seems like a cute idea...uh, I don't really have the time right now.