04 September 2006

Patio DONE!

...Well, not quite. We still have to move the Arbor Bench and sweep sand into the cracks between the stones, just for stability, but the really back-breaking work is done. Thank goodness. We moved all the blocks this afternoon and we're all exhausted!

Today actually did not begin in a most promising manner - I got stung on the botom of my foot by a wasp (I stepped on it with no shoes on, by accident) and it hurt unbelievably; and I discovered that my right ear piercing is infected, or at the least, irritated. The wasp sting has since stopped hurting, and I think if I keep cleaning my ear and wearing my silver earrings, it should be okay. So the day did improve, especially when we got Arby's for dinner and, just recently, frosties for dessert. My mom got an Iced Capp and I was envious until I remember that if I had an Iced Capp now, I'd be up until 3 am. I might go bike and get one tomorrow. If there's time! Oh dear...now I've made myself thirsty.

Tomorrow school starts - tomorrow I have to go get my piano books - and tomorrow evening I'm helping Mike with data entry. Tomorrow might be full. Plus, more patio work will be happening tomorrow.

I have found a couple of websites for making an Elizabeth Swann pirate costume. I'm really stuck on the idea, I would love to do it so much. I also thought it would be quite amusing if my siblings (who actually get to trick-or-treat) were Jack, Elizabeth and Will. But they weren't really keen on the idea. I hope I get invited somewhere for Halloween so I can wear it!

I have now discovered that I did no quizzing today. So I might be up a little later doing that, but that's okay, I guess. I won't do a whole lot, because I do have the rest of the week to play with.

And so I am off to bed, or quizzing, and then bed.

~Sil

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy - have you sent your blog info to Gramma and Grampa and to Grandma Marion? Uncle D? Auntie P? Your great-aunt Ruth? (You get the idea.)