20 September 2006

I'm in!

I'm into the Edmonton Home-School Band! I am so excited! I phoned my dad in Toronto last night and I probably hurt his ear, I was so hyped. Sorry, Dad. Anyway, I'm a little nervous because they'll probably want me to sight-read stuff and my sight-reading could be better. I think other instruments have it easy when it comes to sight-reading (don't kill me, Robyn...). And I have no clue how bands work or how often we practice and I haven't even met anyone there (though I'm hoping that someone I know will coincidentally be there - I know homeschoolers through quizzing, maybe some of them are in it) and it, annoyingly, practices in a church up north, which is no small drive (at least I don't think it is) so maybe, if it turns out to be weekly, I'll figure out a bus route I can take rather than making my mom drive me there all the time. It might not be so bad, except that the practice is from 4 to 5:15, which is real rush-hour traffic. On the way back, anyway. Or maybe once I get to know someone there, we can car-pool. Oh, and I get to play percussion! I've never played percussion before!

So today is going to be a little nerve-wracking. At least I got to sleep in. Well, until 8. Which is better than 7. And I'm wearing my Evenstar pendant for the first time in a while, because I felt like today was kinda special, and my gold-colored sixteenth note earrings. I didn't wear the little necklace with the treble clef on it though, because that felt like overkill. Yes, Robyn, I know that you can have no overkill when it comes to music. But still.

Let's try to think of something other than band to talk about. Oh, we had youth bible study last night, which was fun - we played a game where everyone wrote down obscure facts about themselves, mixed them up in a bucket, and then Bryan and two other youth sponsors drew them, read them out loud, and we had to guess whose was whose. The ones that didn't get guessed after five guesses got to go in a draw for later. Then we did the actual bible study for about 40 minutes, and prayer time after that. The girls always take a good 30-45 minutes for prayer time, and the guys finish in 10 minutes, so that was funny. But Bryan did give us cookies, and told us not to tell the guys we got them. And I didn't get to hold Ellie, because Carissa was holding her and she started to cry and so she handed her to me and of course that didn't stop her crying. So I gave her to Natalie and she fell asleep.

Anyway, I need to get a whopping load of science done and a pretty large amount of quizzing, and I should probably practice before I go to piano lessons, so that's all for now.

~Sil

No comments: