18 September 2006

I did it!

I'm happy now. No more gum stuck in cords. And, just so that next time someone sits down to watch a movie and finds gum of the seat of their favorite cords, here's what I did:
1) Left them in the freezer overnight. I don't know if this contributed to the overall effect, but that's what I did.
2) Used an iron and some WD-40 to work it out of the fabric. Basically, you heat the iron on the lowest level possible, iron the spot with gum for a second, and then dab some WD-40 on a napkin on the spot. Then work it out with your fingers. This part took a while, but it worked.
3) Used a Sunlight Yellow Bar (I don't know if that's the official name) for stain remover to get rid of the WD-40, and in the process conveniently got some of the rest of the gum, which was pretty stuck, off.
4) Washed my cords in the washing machine. Cold water, a little bit of soap, and when I took them out you could barely tell there'd been gum at all.
I would just like to take this opportunity to say that a Sunlight Yellow Bar is an AMAZING thing. I love them. One could probably get tomato sauce out of a white shirt, and then some. I'm very relieved.

And it's getting sunny out! Today is improving!

~Sil

No comments: