25 September 2006

Earrings

I have good earring news and bad earring news. The good news is - I bought two new pair of them. One pair is dangly and silver with little blue stars (I'm a sucker for blue and stars) and the other pair is just dangly and silver with little sparkly bits. The bad earring news is that I think I may have lost one of my glow-in-the-dark blue star earrings that I got for my birthday. I haven't looked in the van yet, so it may be there, so I guess there's still some hope. I need to buy an earring holder, they're getting all tangled up with each other in the little box I use.

I also bought the fifth Artemis Fowl book yesterday! Well, actually, my friend took me shopping - it was her birthday present to me - and bought it for me. I'm about three-quarters of the way through, and it's pretty good! Artemis is finally experiencing adolescence, which is amusing, but he should be fifteen - he was fourteen in the last book and I'm older than him now. Holly is Captain Holly Short again, and I was pretty scared that Butler was going to get incapacitated for a bit there but I think he's okay. There are two new characters, Minerva (who is another genius, aged twelve) and N-degree-1. He has a little degree circle in the middle of his name but I don't think Alt codes work for Mac so I can't make one. He's a imp, and hopefully he'll get a real name soon! Mulch doesn't have much of a part in this one, which is relieving - his explosive flatulence, luminous saliva and multipurpose beard hair were getting annoying. Foaly is, as always, the technical consultant that sits back at base and manipulates the cool technology. Root is still dead, which is sad, I was hoping he'd come back to life, but Wing Commander Vinyaya has more of a part. She's cool.

Quiz practice on Sunday went well - I think I may have talked too fast while I was doing the summary, which makes me glad I don't have to do it every week. I sent the quiz directory to my coach but it came out wrong on her computer and none of my nice formatting worked, so we need to redo that because much as I know we needed a quiz list, Futura and a nice equalized table is much better than Courier with a haphazard sort of table. Plus I have my pride! If I'm making a quiz list, it's going to look GOOD. Anyway, we did some scorekeeping, and I learned stuff I didn't know, which was fun. Then I went shopping with my friend, which was also fun. I saw some nice earring holders at Icing (by Claire's - apparently it caters to the 'mature teens and young adults' more than Claire's, which could also be called Cheap Jewelry Central) and I want to go back and get one.

Oh dear, it's almost ten and I haven't done any school. Oops.

~Sil

2 comments:

Calminaiel said...

Hmm...I've never heard of those song titles. Who are the composers?

Melda said...

Well, Air for Band is Frank Erickson, Cold Snap is Brian Appleby, and Modal Song and Dance is Elliot Del Borgo. I'm not surprised, I frankly think Air for Band and Modal Song and Dance are booooring. I never liked modes.