12 September 2006

Firsts

Youth Bible study starts tonight. Mom's running club, SoleMates, also starts tonight, and my brother will be coming to Bible study for the first time, since he's in grade 7 this year. And my little sister starts ballet lessons today. So it's actually going to be rather full.

I babysat this morning, and it was good that I got there early because I walked around to the back, seeing as that seems to be the door they always use, and knocked. Nothing happened. I couldn't even hear anyone inside. So I opened the screen door and knocked again, on the real door this time. Still nothing. Then I rang the doorbell, the functionality of which I have doubts about, and waited. Nothing. So I did end up going around to the front, where as soon as I knocked they opened the door. I dunno, does that seem weird to anyone else? But anyway, I was right on time, so that was good. The mom was running a little late, and so she and her - um - I don't want to call him her boyfriend, it sounds so juvenile - how about significant other? - were in a bit of a rush. I hope the kids were on time for school, I got them out the door a little late. I'm sure they'll be okay, though. I couldn't believe all the snack food they took for lunch! I mean, it was practically composed solely of sugar. It can say fat-free - but it doesn't mean sugar-free! Maybe I'm just picky, but boy, if I had that much snack food every day you can bet I'd weigh a lot more than I do.

Anyway, I had leftover KFC for breakfast (we had it for supper last night) and oatmeal for second breakfast. I'm feeling very hobbity lately - I eat before I go babysit and after I come home. Now I need to start have elevensies and afternoon tea, and dinner as well as supper. They'd have to be really small meals...I don't eat that much!

I did go to Mike's yesterday, and got myself caught up on data entry. Mike's going to be in Ottawa until Saturday, though (I'm pretty sure it's Saturday) so I'm not going to go again until then, because he does sorta need to be there when I'm doing it, in case I come across weird things, which happens pretty consistantly. I guess it's good that I'm taking a break, though, because life seems to be getting pretty busy, what with piano and quizzing and babysitting and Miking (your name is a verb now, Mike. Aren't you proud?) and you know, sleep is good too. Well, no, I'm not that busy. Definetely more busy than I was this summer, though!

I think that's all for now. Lots of school still needs doing, and a little bit of quizzing, though I memorized up to verse 13 of Acts 2 today and and I only need to do one more.

~Sil

No comments: