14 September 2006

Brrrr!

September made up its mind to get cold so fast it's unbelieveable! The weather was above 20 last Thursday and today it feels like it could snow, it's so cold. Or maybe that's just the wind. Anyway, I'm glad we're going to the corn maze on Friday, because if we waited until any later in the year it would get too cold. As it is I'm going to have to wear quite a bit in order to stay warm. Today I walked over to babysit at 7:30 and I was freezing. I could have worn my coat but it's a really short walk so I didn't bother. Today I'm going to have to get school done super-fast - I need to be back there at 2:40 because the kids get early dismissal on Thursdays. I don't have to frantically study for my science test, though, because it was going to be tomorrow and then I decided I'll postpone it a week and start on the next module while I study for the test of the first one. I hope that made sense!
I could also skip piano today if I really need to, because I don't have a lesson until Wednesday and I only need to get in five practices, and I've already done two. Today is one of those days (and yesterday was too) where you really don't want to do anything, you just want to sit down with a good book and something warm. And quizzing, of course. So far, Acts has been way easier to memorize than Romans, which is good, because this section had 36 verses and I would have serious trouble getting them done in a week if we were doing Romans.
I should run - I need a shower and science definitions need memorizing. So today I will walk around the house muttering, "Metabolism...anabolism....catabolism...abiogenesis...autotrophs...heretotrophs..." while my brother walks around muttering, "When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place..." and memorizing Acts 2. Speaking of which, I was really scared to mack-tack my quiz book because I had drawn an awesome map of Middle-Earth on it and I was scared I would have to pull off the sticky stuff and it would get wrecked, but it went really well. Flawlessly, in fact.

~Sil

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ringer Pirate, glad to see you're keeping up with your science. It sounds like Monday and Tuesday are your high-production days. Also glad to hear that memorizing Acts is going well. Keep up the good work. I sure do miss hearing your piano playing. My first week is almost done.

Dad