19 September 2006

Quizzing

This week has been a fun quizzing week so far - on Sunday everyone gets to put their name in a draw once for every time they read this weeks' section (Acts 2 vs. 37-46 and Acts 3) and I've already done it twenty-five times. I plan to do it one hundred times by the end of this week, just to ensure I get something out of that draw - I am singularly unlucky when it comes to draws of any sort. We (the A quizzers) are also supposed to make our own quizzes and bring them to practice, so I worked on that this morning. It got a little tricky on a couple of questions, but I got them all made up and now I just have to write them on little blue cards I made last night, and I'll have a quiz. Fun!
I totally forgot to mention, in my panic about my cords, that our friends' dog came to stay with us over the weekend. He is so adorable, I love him. His name's Miracle (because their mom said if they ever got a dog it would be a miracle) and he's six months old. He's a Yorkie/Shih-tzu cross, and therefore slightly smaller than my dog (Bandit), who is a Cocker spaniel/Shih-tzu cross. And basically the two of them rolled around all day doing the same thing over and over - Miracle jumps up and starts to chew Bandit's ear. Bandit tries to bite Miracle's paw and Miracle hangs on to Bandit's ear for as long as possible before Bandit shakes him off. Then Bandit tries to chase Miracle and Miracle hides in some small spot Bandit can't fit into, and Bandit barks at him. Miracle eventually comes out and they do it all over again. And though Bandit seemed annoyed, he looked like he was moping a little the day after Miracle left.
We're currently stealing batteries from all over the house to put in the keyboard - mom has no more rechargeables that aren't being used, so Ben has stolen some from Will's Game Boy, I stole one from by alarm clock, I scavenged one from mom's desk drawer and we're hoping we can keep it working until mom buys some more rechargeables. I have a sneaking suspicion she's holding off to minimize the time we spend on the computer. Tsk tsk.

~Sil

5 comments:

Juanita Stauffer said...

Sil,

What's the prize for the draw? This is a great idea and I'm glad to hear that it motivates you because, guess what, our quizzers are going to get to do the same thing next week. But I'd like to know what kind of a prize motivates you.

Keep these ideas coming!

Mrs. Stauffer

Anonymous said...

We do? Cool!

Melda said...

Wow, I didn't see I had comments for a while. I actually don't know what the prize is, but in the past we've had a Switchfoot CD as a prize, various candy (I'm very motivated by candy!) and free passes to various places. We usually have more than one item for the draw, to give everyone a chance, but the first one is always the biggest one.

Miliuel said...

Candy is good. And music is even better. By the way, Mom, I like Relient K.

Anonymous said...

We're doing that same kind of draw for gummy bears now. And I will win. Bwahaha.

Anyways, even if I don't win, I learn the passage really well. Which has to be good.

Smeagol