03 September 2006

MORE Patio

Still working on the patio. Mom and dad are outside working on moving dirt and sand, I think. We went and got a ton of paving stones, which look nice, but they're heavy! I can't imagine how we're going to move them all into the back yard. Our Arbor Bench is also done, and it's lovely. I would take a picture of it, but the digital camera's been missing for quite some time now. Dad is leaving for Toronto a week from today for training for his new job, so we have a lot of stuff to get done.
Two of my friends came over today and we quizzed each other on Acts 1. It was pretty fun, and we all decorated our workbooks with highlighters, which looks pretty cool. They made their little booklets really pretty with scrapbooking material, and mine has a map of Middle-Earth drawn on the cover that I worked on this summer. I'm rather proud of it, actually.
Youth Summit is this weekend, and I'm really looking forward to it. It should be quite the event! We're also going to the corn maze later in September. And - this is the best part - I think we're going to have a youth worship team! Like, a regular one! And we might be able to do worship team for the quiz meet in October, which will be awesome. Altogether, this year is going to be a fun, if a busy one. Piano starts this week, which I'm REALLY looking forward to, and I get my new books on Tuesday. The only downside is, of course, starting math again, and getting up earlier. I really enjoy my sleep! I know it sounds totally wimpy to complain about having to get up at 7:30 or 8 every morning when kids who go to school get up at, like, six....but I don't want to!
I think, if I get invited anywhere this Halloween or I have an occasion to dress up, it would be really cool to go as someone from PotC. I think I would do Elizabeth's piratey costume. I would love it! I'm already thinking up plans for a costume when I have nothing to do!

~Sil

No comments: