13 September 2006

Wednesday

Whew. Time for some breathing space. On Wednesdays I only have to do math, science, piano and quizzing, so I'm not so rushed.

Youth last night was awesome! We didn't start the Bible study, but just kind of had an intro sort of evening. We played that game where you stand in a circle and stick all your hands into the middle and randomly grab someone else's hand, and then you have to get untangled. There were four teams of six, and our team won, because of Parker's logic - if every second person crosses their arms and the other people just grab their hand, three people twist and you're untangled! So that was fun. Even more so, because we won (says the insanely competitive me).
Then our youth pastor (Bryan) kinda talked about what we want to do this year and how things are going to work. So we gave suggestions about activities, things we liked last year and things we didn't. and also talked about a youth band - yay! Maybe seven or eight people were interested in that, so we're going to see what we can put together. While Bryan was talking, we were passing around some string and scissors, and people cut off however much string they wanted. We didn't know what it was for until later - when apparently we had to say one personal fact about ourselves for every finger-length of string. I had five...sort of...using my littlest finger and rounding up...and they were: 1) I am obsessed with Lord of the Rings (at which point Erin, across the room, shouted "I won the bet!",the meaning of which is still a little foggy to me. Am I that predictable? I guess so), 2) I am homeschooled (it was going to be "Will Turner has to get his girl or I will assassinate Gore Verbinski, but some people hadn't seen DMC yet and I didn't want to spoil it), 3) I have four younger siblings, 4) I forget (that wasn't it, I just forget what it was) and 5) Ben is my brother. He was there too. I'm going to have to make it clear to him that at youth, there are guys. With hats. And EVERYBODY's hat gets stolen at least once during the year. So he can't sit down and sulk whenever it happens.
Anyway, we had a draw for some prizes, and I didn't win anything but I had candy from earlier, when our team won the knot game. So that was okay. I also got to hold Ellie!!! Finally!! She got passed around the whole time. She's eight weeks old and she's the daughter of Bryan and Natalie. The youth pastor and his wife, in case you haven't been paying any attention at ALL during my last posts. She is the most adorable baby EVER. I hope Natalie asks me to babysit sometime!
And for once, nobody asked if me and Erin were related! Wow!

Anyway - more later!

~Sil

No comments: