15 September 2006

Brrrr - with wind chill!

It was colder today than it was yesterday. I want to turn up the heat but I kinda have a feeling my mom will say, "Go put on an extra sweater if you're cold," if I ask. I might as well give it a go, though. Shoot! I just remembered - I was supposed to turn off the heat before the kids I'm babysitting left for school and it's still on over there. And I don't have a house key, the girl has it. Darn. I hope it isn't really a big deal.

My special limited edition LotR DVDs came yesterday! They're so pretty! And there's TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY minutes of movie-making documentary on each one! I only watched a little bit of the FotR one, but it was good and I want to watch more - though when I'll have time is debatable. It's amazing, the theatrical and extended editions of each movie are all on one double-sided disc! SO much easier to bring places!

The corn maze is tonight, but it looks like it's going to be approximitely three degrees above zero out, and getting colder as the night progresses, so I don't know if we'll still end up going. I wouldn't mind playing games at the church, personally. But the corn maze would be fun. I don't know, I guess I'll be fine with whatever we do.

I'm getting better at this awesome piece on my grade 8 piano book - it's called Sonata in C- and I love it! So pretty! I'm also working on a Sonata in G+ by Beethoven and a weird piece called Puck. As in, not a hockey puck but the fairy person, like in A Midsummer Night's Dream. I refuse to call him an elf, elves are tall and beautful and immortal, not those little annoying people that dance around singing in high shrill voices in Disney movies. Anyway, I'm also working on the Davy Jones theme, which starts out really pretty like a music box and gets progressively lower and more sinister-sounding until the end, when it goes back to being music-boxy. I think, from the same book, I'm going to do Two Hornpipes, which is practically THE only cheerful piece of music in Dead Man's Chest. Oh, and of course the Pride and Prejudice theme. And D flat major...for technique, even though that's not NEARLY as interesting.

I'm freezing! FREEZING! I'm going to go put on more clothes and try and convince mom to turn up the heat!

~Sil

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's snowing here.