31 August 2006

Soundtrack!

I finally bought it! The PotC: Curse of the Black Pearl soundtrack! I'm currently listening to it, in fact. Now all I need is a CD player in my room - or maybe I'll just buy a computer and play it on there. I can't find any headphones, though, which is annoying.
Quizzing registration was fun, though obviously not as fun as quiz practice, because we did have to listen while everything we already know was explained to the rookies. Our new youth pastor was there, too. I can totally not wait to do youth group with him and his wife this year! Oh, and their baby, of course. I'm really excited.

I always burn the top of my mouth when I eat pizza. It's annoying.

Me and my brother (okay, I guess it's my brother and I) did a whole lot of quizzing this morning. We're starting with Acts 1, and he's already got the first thirteen verses memorized. Well, they're a little patchy in bits and by no means word-perfect yet, but it's a really good start. I hope he doesn't lose his zeal as the year progresses - it can be really hard to stick with it, no matter how many verses you're memorizing.
Today has been kinda crazy so far - Dad took a big load of dirt (from digging for the patio) to the dump in a truck he rented. While he was there, the truck broke down, and so of course he called the company to say "um, excuse me, the truck you gave me just broke down, what kind of quality is that?" (well, okay, he didn't say exactly that) and they told him it was his fault for not listening to instructions! This could still be plausible, but the fact is, they didn't give him any instructions. So as you can imagine, he pointed this out. And they told him it was his responsibility to ask for directions, and it turned out that for them to send someone to help him get the truck started, he would have to pay more. So he just called a tow truck - because what kind of policy is THAT? "We'll give you a truck, but no instructions, and if you break it, we get MORE of your money!"
But the good news is, he got a new job, and his old boss gave him the rest of this week and next week off, I think as a sort of thank-you. It makes me feel a lot better about the fact that he's going to Toronto for three weeks for training as part of his new job. We'll be able to help Mike a lot. It really sucks that I'm starting school next week, though, because if I wasn't I could help more, too.
I found a pair of headphones, but the right side isn't working. Which makes the music a little one-dimensional, but it's better than nothing.

~Sil

No comments: