30 August 2006

Rain

Yes. It's raining. Quite hard. And it's kind of depressing, but it does mean I can wear my new cords today and maybe one of my new shirts. I want the snow to come again so I can make snow ice cream!
Yesterday I did, indeed, go to Mike's. He had a ton of stuff lined up so I was kept pretty busy, except for when I wasn't. If that made any sense at all. So by the time Dad came to pick me up at 10:30 I was pretty wiped! I love hanging around with all those people, though, they're so nice.
And guess what else happened yesterday! Well, for starters, it was August 29th, the day the Special Limited Edition 2-disc set of LotR came out. All three movies, so six discs in total. And I bought them! And I can't believe I have to wait TWO WEEKS for them to get here! You can watch either theatrical or extended versions on the same disc and there's an awesome feature-length documentary of the making of the movie. So I'm pretty hyped about that.
I really need to get to the music store. I need to buy my grade 8 books and hopefully a couple more pop books. My uncle did give me a whole stack of jazz/fake jazz books and sheet music, so I'm pretty excited about those.
This year of school is going to be so crazy! I'm working on my grade 8 piano, I'm starting high school, I'm memorizing all of Acts and going to quiz meets and practices, I'm likely going to be helping with the nomination and maybe an election later in the year (?)...but you know, at least I have a life. It would be way less interesting to sit at home, even though I won't have as much down time this year.
Well, I'm going to go shower and get dressed and do something until 6:30 - QUIZZING REGISTRATION! YAY! I'm soooooo excited!

~Sil

No comments: