17 August 2006

Annoying Boys

I thought I was going to have a whole lot of trouble coming up with something to post about, but it turns out a subject popped out of thin air. Before I begin, I would like to address a message to all preteen/early teenage boys out there: Try not to be a jerk. Please. If your friend's dad starts yelling at you, you're being a jerk. Stop.
And now, the story behind that statement.
My brother is going to be thirteen in December. (This is where everyone who's known me for at least four or five years goes "GASP! Ben's going to be THIRTEEN?" but that's not the point!) He is a really nice guy, though of course you'll never meet a scrawnier one. And then there are the twenty-odd boys around his age that live in our neighborhood. Perhaps one of them is actually pleasant to be around. No, that's mean. And probably untrue. But anyway, there's this one in particular who is extremely aggravating. Usually he sticks to mean insults and sneering at my brother in particular, but lately he's gone farther - he stomped on my brother's bike wheel, cracking the frame; he was walking past our house while my brother was playing football with some of his friends on our front lawn and started to call them a bunch of losers. This was where my dad got angry (understandably) and came out. I love my dad. We're hoping that this situation resolves itself or that we can resolve it, but right now - please, please, tween boys: be nice.
Interesting Things For Today: I read an intriguing retelling of Beauty and the Beast with a bit of a Persian twist. Today was not especially remarkable, but the book was good. Something not really interesting but that I want to gripe about is that no matter how much I wash my face, the pimples still come in the absolute worst places.

~Sil

1 comment:

Calminaiel said...

Tell me about the teen boys thing. My brother just turned thirteen today. His friends...extremely annoying...