23 August 2006

Still Digging

The title says it all. Well, all of it since about 6 pm.
I got up at 7:45 am (and boy, it was hard dragging myself out of bed) to babysit until 5:30ish. Nothing remarkable happened, besides the dad of the kids coming up with an annoying seemingly unsolvable puzzle with coins and not telling me the answer. It looked like this: (These are circles with dimes () These are circles with pennies [] These are blank circles O)

() () () O [] [] []

So, you had to get all the pennies over to where the dimes were, and vice versa. Once you move a penny left, it can't go back right, and once you move a dime right, it can't go back left. One coin can jump over another coin into an empty space, but it can't jump over two. I spent at least half an hour trying to do this. Then I spent the rest of the time patiently nagging the youngest girl to have a bath and walk her dog while she watched Pippi Longstocking. ("What shall I do today, what shall I do today, what shall I do today, what shall I doooo..." that's what's stuck in my head. And mighty annoying it is, too.)

And so now we're digging and loading 'bad dirt' (dirt full of little red rocks) into our friends' truck. They're going to take it and dump it. Well, I'm not loading, I'm on the computer because we only have four shovels and they're all spoken for.

Other than that, nothing happened today. Oh, but there's going to be a pancake breakfast for Mike (Lake) on Saturday! And guess who's speaking - Monte Solberg! Fun fun FUN! I can't wait!

~Sil

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you're way more busy than me. Monte Solburg is good. :)