26 August 2006

Pancakes

Well! The pancake breakfast was awesome. I met Monte Solberg, which was pretty thrilling, and Mike introduced me as his super-volunteer or something. I mean, come on. I haven't even been there for almost this whole month. But whatever, compliments are ALWAYS a good thing. Boy, I almost feel like not getting any older so that people will keep telling me how awesome it is that I'm involved in politics! By the way, Mike, if you're reading this, I mentioned you again. Now you have three.
Anyway, we had a good time drifting around talking to various people, and there was a fun draw at the end for ten Husky stuffed puppies and two BIG stuffed Huskies. Oh, and six frisbees. Three of my siblings won husky puppies and one of them won a frisbee, but my brother didn't want his puppy so he gave it to me. I didn't win anything. Typical. At the beginning, when I saw the draw was for "Ten Husky puppies and two husky dogs" I was like oh my goodness, REAL dogs? And I was pretty excited for a while until I found out they were little stuffies. Darn. I would be so thrilled to have a Husky, particularly a puppy. My dog would likely be thrilled, too.
I also met Rahim Jaffer, an MP for another part of Edmonton (I forget exactly which), who is pretty cool. We chatted for a bit. I also had a very interesting conversation with Jamie, Minister Solberg's assistant. She was telling me how she got the job and stuff. I love hanging around with political people! It rocks! So we ate pancakes and stuff, and headed home around noon, farming our kids as we went. No, I'm kidding. My sisters went to their friends' houses. So we people with no social lives (tee hee) worked on the patio and my LotR poster puzzle. It's green with Frodo and Sam on it. Now dad is watching football and I'm stealing computer time.

~Sil

1 comment:

Calminaiel said...

You and your politics...=)