15 August 2006

Competition

Well, I thought it was going to be a breeze figuring out things to post every day. It's not. But thankfully, my friend has a blog and so does my cousin, so of course I have to keep up with mine! Or else they would be beating me! And yes, I am fully aware of the fact that competition is not a very good reason to persevere - at least in this instance - but it works for me!
Nothing of an extremely special import has happened in the last few days, except that I have now seen Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest twice, and I feel that it is time for a movie review. Get ready for it. Oh, and if you don't want spoilers, don't read.

Good Elements: The dialogue is hilarious. An absolute ton of one-liners, though there were a few crude jokes that made me roll my eyes. A few extremely interesting characters made a reappearance, including Barbossa and James Norrington, a commodore no longer, as well as the ever-present undead monkey. A few also extremely interesting NEW characters made an appearance, including Tia Dalma, a spooky fortune-teller-person, and of course the infamous Davy Jones and his crew of eerie fish-men hybrids. But now I've said too much. On to the Bad Elements.

Bad Elements: The voodoo stuff was a bit dark and creepy for my liking. The dresses were, as always, annoyingly low-cut, particularly Elizabeth's wedding dress, which she remains in for an inordinately long amount of time (couldn't SOMEBODY have brought her some decent clothes during her stay in the prison cell?) but the worst thing, in my opinion, was the KISS between Elizabeth and Jack, and the preceding dumb attraction they had to each other. And to top it all off, Will saw them and is now feeling like he's been slapped in the face! Elizabeth has the best guy in the world, what is she THINKING!? So that kind of ruined the movie for me. Hopefully they redeem themselves in the third one.

~Sil

1 comment:

Calminaiel said...

Ah, yes, the movie review. I thought I should be seeing that sometime in your blog. Have you ever considered doing that for a living? Your blog review seemed very professional...lol. =)