22 August 2006

So hot...

Darn. I just typed a whole post and then accidentally pressed BACK and it deleted it all. So here we go again.

It was super hot today. And when I say 'hot', I mean HEAT hot, not attractive hot. It didn't help that my only clean bottoms were jeans. Not shorts or capris, oh no.
My friend from down the street came over this morning for about half an hour. I should really give my friends alternate names. We'll call this one...Kelly. So, my friend Kelly from down the street came over with her dog this morning, and her dog and my dog had a real play-fest while we talked. I gave her their mail I'd been picking up for three weeks while they were in Prince Edward Island, and hopefully they'll pay me soon. She got me a cute little white stuffed bear that says 'Prince Edward Island' on its stomach.
Then after lunch my other friend, who we'll call Dallas, came over and him, me and my brother played Monopoly for about an hour until we got bored. Then my mom bought us candy so that we would take the littler kids to the playground, which we did, but nobody really played because it was so hot. When we came home my dad put us to work helping with the patio renovation. We stuck our old concrete blocks under the floor in our shed, where we discovered an the unpleasant, decapitated tail of a small dead animal. At least - all I saw was the tail. There was probably more underneath the part of the floor that we didn't pull up. Yuck.
So now I really want a shower and I might have one, if I can steal some conditioner from the upstairs bathroom...

EDIT: But alas...it was not to be. Now we're digging six inches down in the spot where the patio will be. I can't say I exactly enjoy it...but at least there's lots of people working.

~Sil

No comments: