28 August 2006

Last week!

Oh dear, only four more days of freedom before school starts...sigh. Summer went too fast.

Yesterday we had a potluck lunch at church, which was fun, and hung around until about 2:00. Afterwards I came home and worked on the patio all afternoon (with a slurpee break in the middle). Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl was on TV last night, so me and my friend watched it at his house and ate PotC M&Ms (I bought them because they were PotC. I couldn't resist!) and popcorn and marshmallows and other unhealthy, yummy stuff. But they skipped the credits! I was so mad! The He's A Pirate song is played during the credits and it's my FAVORITE! I was so mad! I really need to buy the soundtrack.
Tonight I'm babysitting for my favorite twin boys, tomorrow night I'm think I'm going to go to Mike's and help him with some data entry, and Wednesday night is quizzing registration. I'm already getting busier! And school hasn't even started yet!
I fixed my laundry receptacle today, which made me proud of myself - it's a wooden frame with a fabric bag buttoned on and the bag was ripped, so I sewed it, and the frame had broken in one spot, so I glued it. That has been annoying me to no end, I'm glad I finally did something about it.
And the first youth event of the year is, like last year, a trip to the corn maze. Fun fun fun :)

~Sil

No comments: