25 April 2007

Rip-off!

Last night was indeed a rip-off. It was one of those nights where I didn't get to lie in bed for a nice long time sloooowly falling asleep and thinking about whatever I want, but instead shut my eyes and opened them again in a couple seconds and found out it was morning. It was a bit like turning a light switch on and off, as opposed to slowly dimming the lights. I really do not like having my consciousness flipped on and off like a light switch. I prefer to dim it. That way I can slowly fall asleep and slowly wake up and actually feel like I got sleep rather than an eight-hour period of being zonked out.

So. After that little rant, moving on.

I have discovered a downside to Dark Alliance II: Baldur's Gate. That's the game I mentioned earlier, the one I play when I babysit. It doesn't come for Nintendo systems. I mean, how weird is that? Nintendo PWNS. Bizarre, that's what it is.

Last band practice today! No more taking the bus, no more lugging around bells, and I will actually have a Wednesday afternoon to speak of from now on! Robyn, don't kill me, but I really do not enjoy band that much. Occasional hobby, maybe. Regularly, no. I really prefer playing the piano to satisfy my own desire to play the piano, not in a group setting. That happens to be my personal preference.

~Sil

"Contrary to popular opinion, I'm hardly what ye'd call 'evil.' I'm merely an opportunist with a convenient lack of morals."

The above is an original pirateoftherings line and is meant to be used for Barbossa. All rights reserved. TM. And stuff.

4 comments:

Quizzing Nerd said...

Quit complaining. I only wish I could fall asleep that quickly. :D

Juanita Stauffer said...

LOL, Amy.

Pastor Terry agrees with you about going to sleep. I, otoh, love those nights when I close my eyes (I generally fall asleep in less than 2 minutes) and open them the next morning, having had a blissful sleep with no interruptions and no consciousness of it!

Melda said...

Sleep is one of the joys of teenage life, I find :) I suppose it is a little odd to complain that I went to sleep too quickly, isn't it?

~Sil

Quizzing Nerd said...

Well, let's say, if you were discussing the matter with Mom and I, yes, you would be odd. However, if you were talking my dad and another like-minded person, you would be perfectly normal. It's all relative. :)

To clarify with me, I like thinking about whatever before I go to sleep, but I prefer to be completely awake while I'm thinking; and, when I do want to go to sleep, it would be really nice if I could just turn my brain off, like your lightswitch example. However, I have to waste half an hour or more of the time I could have been sleeping falling asleep. Also, I think of sleeping as, well, maybe not a necessary evil, but certainly not a pleasure. It seems like a waste of time, and, unless I was really tired, it's not all that enjoyable.

I probably should have done my own blog post on that instead of taking over your comments box, eh? :P Next time...