17 April 2007

How To Give A Great Man-To-Man Hug - and Pirates!

  • Clicky. It's funny.

  • And also -
  • AWE clip! And various other things.
  • "It is pronounced 'egregious'."

    I highly recommend this. W/E shippers notice Jerry Bruckheimer's bit at about 1:24 - "Each character in this has a mission. Will wants to save his father from Davy Jones, Elizabeth would like to be - with Will. And Jack, of course, they're all trying to find Captain Jack."

    The desperate antics of J/E shippers are beginning to amuse me highly. For instance, they solemnly demur that Jerry meant to say, in that line, "...would like to be - with Will and Jack, of course." Oh please. Also, according to them, the utter lack of J/E advancement in the trailer just means that in the movie there's going to be a ton. Because heaven forbid that the trailer would ACTUALLY give you a preview of what's going to happen in the movie. Also, upon having it pointed out that there are no J/E scenes in the trailer, they replied that there are two - "it would never have worked out between us," and "four of you have tried to kill me in the past. One of you succeeded." So, in these alleged J/E-confirming scenes, we have Jack confirming that Elizabeth killed him (evidence for a romantic pairing if I ever saw it. <--sarcasm) and Elizabeth telling Jack to take a hike. Call me crazy...but I think the shipper pair that actually kissed in the trailer has a much better chance.

    And in other news...I didn't find my music folder, but I'll be able to get copies and though I will have to pay for the music I lost, it's looking like it'll turn out better than I thought. I have two weeks to polish up the pieces we're doing for our concert, though, but I think I can do it. So that's a relief.

    ~Sil

    "You have officially killed LDM. Felicitations to you, and please enjoy the rest of your day."

    4 comments:

    Quizzing Nerd said...

    Ahem. *puts on technician voice*. Your second video link does not work. However, I used my special internet powers (otherwise known as clicking the link) to discern that there is a tag lodged in an incorrect place on the URL that will prevent it from working when clicked. However, I removed said URL from your blog's source, fixed it, and turned it into a new, improved, shorter URL.

    Copy this link into the address bar for the video: http://tinyurl.com/2v9lmn

    *Ahem*. I'm done now.

    And both videos were great. Especially the first one; the only problem with the second one was that I was wincing the whole time because there were some subtle spoilers. Anyways, I'll get over it. You must be loving that the J/E shippers are pretty much proven wrong now, eh? They don't have a leg - wooden or otherwise - to stand on.

    Melda said...

    I would bow to your superior genius...but it still doesn't work :P

    Oh yes, I'm relishing the fact that J/E is a sunken ship if I ever saw one :D

    ~Sil

    Quizzing Nerd said...

    Perhaps that's because you're using a Mac, because I tested it on two computers, both PCs, and it worked there. And it pops up on Windows Media Player, which you don't have. Try opening your movie player (Quicktime?) and pasting the URL into wherever the function to play it thingy is.

    Actually, you've already seen it, so it doesn't make a difference. :D That was mostly for the people reading your post on PCs who haven't seen the movie. (Would those people do me a favour and tell me if it worked?)

    I'm not sure if your sunken ship metaphor was intentionally piratey, but I was amused anyways. I love little things like that.

    Anyways, I should shut up now because I'm taking up a ton of room in your comments.

    Calminaiel said...

    *sniff* I want to see the pirate video too...

    And my computer won't let me...