27 April 2007

No regrets

Band concert last night was pretty nice. I didn't make any glaring errors (besides playing an E when it should have been E flat, at a time when pretty much nobody else was playing), and I sorta got my loose ends tied up. Paid bill what I owed him for the music, and said goodbye to Scott. It was fun this year, but also stressful, and I though I think I'll miss it at times, it will be nice to have my Wednesday afternoons back. And I'll have more than enough piano stuff to do with my grade 9 RCM next year. So yeah. It was fun, and I'm sort of sorry to go - but only a little bit.

And in other news - PIRATES! Scroll to the bottom of the page, there's two clips. I think you've all seen one of them before, but the other one, Jack Sparrow, is definitely new. There's another new one, basically about the characters, but potr has (very kindly) linked me to it on YouSendIt, and you need to have an account. As soon as it resurfaces on YouTube or some such I shall post it here. Suffice to say that it is AWESOME, and there are several interesting quotes, such as Kevin McNally (Gibbs) saying, "All the characters are off to something different. Jack is really off to immortality." I was like "Do tell!" but of course he doesn't say any more. I wonder what THAT means. Immortality with Davy Jones, or actual immortality? And Elizabeth fences with Davy Jones! There's only a quick second-long shot of it, but she DOES!
I know it's mean, but this bit fulfilled the rather anti-J/E part of me: Elizabeth going "Oh, will you never forgive me?" in a rather irritated tone, and Jack answering - "No." And also, Jerry Bruckheimer actually says of W/E, "Will they come together? You'll have to see the movie!" If potr weren't so happy about AWE coming out, and hadn't said to me in several roundabout ways that she's very happy with the ending (of course she knows what it is) I would be nail-biting worried about the fate of W/E.

But as it is I'm very happy , and I really do not know how I'm going to wait through the next month.

~Sil

"Do you fear death, Jack Sparrow?"
"You have no idea."

No comments: