24 April 2007

[Insert title of choice here]

I really don't think this post is going to have much point to it at all. But seeing as everybody seems to like it when I post, I thought I would anyway.

I'm reading a mildly interesting book currently, and I forget what it's called and I'm too lazy to go look (well, at least I'm honest), but it's about a magic kingdom that is on sale in a Christmas catalogue, so this guy buys the magic kingdom and discovers that that means he gets to become the king. But the people who were selling the kingdom were frauds, and there have been thirty-two kings before him that bailed out, and the kingdom (I believe it's called Landover) is in pretty bad shape. It's not one of those oh-my-gosh-I-can't-put-it-down books, but it's sort of interesting. By Terry Brooks, if anyone's interested, who wrote those blatantly LotR-plagiarizing Shannara books. The Sword of Shannara, the Elfstones of Shannara, etc etc.

Oh, and I forgot what happened on Friday. The kids I babysit for got their Dark Alliance: Baldur's Gate Xbox game back, and it made me very happy. Because I quite like that game. So far we've killed giant spiders, rescued a caravan of merchants, saved a village from decapitation and now we're wandering around in a city at a loss because there's nothing to kill. Heh. Me armed with my scimitar and Tyson with his mustard sword. It's not actually called a mustard sword, but we've called it that because it was actually called something neither me, Autaumn or Tyson wanted to say. I'm sure you can guess what it was, it's very similar-sounding to mustard.

Let's see...what else...oh, I did some data entry for general election campaign stuff (I'm being deliberately vague here, as I'm not sure how much of these is, um, privileged information) last night, before coming home and watching 24. Jack deteriorates more every episode. And if this is the great Audrey he practically handed the Chinese a nuclear weapon to save, I am not impressed. Though this could be because I suspect she's slightly mentally disturbed. And Bill got fired from CTU! Not good! I mean, I love Nadia, and I'm sure she's very good at being in charge, but - ! Bill!

ONE MONTH until AWE!

~Sil

"Hey, the third Pirates is coming out soon, they've started advertising."
"I know. I've been counting the days since November."

3 comments:

Quizzing Nerd said...

Well, that is certainly a unique idea for a book. I'm going to read the Wish Book more carefully this year in case of any magic kingdoms. ;)

I love the quote...who was the first person? The one who mentioned the Pirates advertising?

Melda said...

Oh, Jill who picked me up to do data entry last night. We were talking about Lord of the Rings (guess who introduced that topic...it wasn't her) and I mentioned Pirates :)

~Sil

Quizzing Nerd said...

OK. I was wondering if it was someone at your youth group, and I was puzzled somewhat because I don't think that there's anyone at your youth group who doesn't know that you've been counting down. :D Or, at least, who knows that you like Pirates enough that there's no way you could not know it's coming out. :)