30 April 2007

I got tagged

...by Josh, so I get to do this thing (many thanks, by the way, didn't know what I was going to blog about today):

Name three characters (from books):

1). You wish were real so you could meet them.

Any of the Elves from LotR. Okay, I guess I have to pick one. Let's go with Legolas, just because he's really old and he's seen a lot of stuff and let's face it, Legolas is just pretty cool all round. Number two would be Sheftu from Mara, Daughter of the Nile, because every time I read that book I seem to end up reading his every line of dialogue twice, he's such an interesting character. And this isn't from a book, but I'd really like to meet Kendath, who is in fact an original Lady Dark Moon creation and will likely be in a (published) book someday what with her mad writing skillz. He'd be very sarcastic and I probably wouldn't like him much, but I'd like to meet him.

2). You would like to be.

Whoa, you know how many times I've wanted to be a book character? COUNTLESS times. Let's try and pick three. Number one would be Holly Short from Artemis Fowl. Crazy interesting life she has. Number two would be Beauty from Beauty by Robin Mckinley, also intriguing, and number three would actually have to be Merrin, who isn't a book character either but is an original Meldawen (aka me) creation. Again, such a very interesting life. If you were talking to her she wouldn't say so, but it's true.

3). Who scare you.

I don't think I'm often scared by book characters. Hmmm. Well, I got sorta antsy around Dolores Umbridge from Harry Potter 5. At the moment no others are coming to me. Oh, the golem from The Golem's Eye, he's pretty scary, and...actually I think I'm going to have to say Kendath again, because I would love to meet him but he would be very good at freaking someone out.

That was fun. And I'll do this too, which I also found on The Quizzing Nerd.

Name a movie you have seen more than 10 times. The Fellowship of the Ring
Name a movie you’ve seen multiple times in the theater. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. Oh, and Ice Age: The Meltdown. Wow, and Eragon too. Once was at the cheap theatre, though.
Name an actor who would make you more inclined to see a movie. Don't kill me, guys. Orlando Bloom.
Name an actor who would make you less likely to see a movie. Keira Knightley.
Name a movie you can and do quote from. All three LotR, and all three PotC. Yes, I can quote from the third one, I don't care if it isn't out yet.
Name a movie musical in which you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs. Ummm...the only thing coming to mind is Lord of the Beans, but I don't know if that's a musical cause I can only remember one song. Oh, how about Beauty and the Beast?
Name a movie you have been known to sing along with. Beauty and the Beast.
Name a movie you would recommend everyone see. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Name a movie you own. Lord of the Rings
Name an actor who launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops. I can't say I've ever seen that...
Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? Never
Name a movie you keep meaning to see but you just haven’t gotten around to yet. Night at the Museum.
Ever walked out of a movie? Which one? Nope.
Name a movie that made you cry in the theater. Yes. Every single one. Except Ice Age 2, Over The Hedge, and Eragon.
Popcorn? Unless I want the popcorn bucket, like I did at DMC (and I still have it), no.
How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)? Once every couple months
What's the last movie you saw in a movie theater? Eragon.
What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie? Fantasy. Hah.
What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater? The Emperor's New Groove. STILL love that movie.
What movie do you wish you had never seen? I like most movies...but probably Eragon. It was sort of disappointing.
What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed? I don't enjoy weird movies. Does The Emperor's New Groove count?
What is the scariest movie you’ve seen? The Two Towers
What is the funniest movie you’ve seen? Freaky Friday

There, a long blog post, and I hardly had to do anything!

24 days until PotC: AWE!

~Sil

"You two have an uncanny habit of talking about me behind my back. Am I that fascinating?" ~ Lady Dark Moon

4 comments:

Quizzing Nerd said...

Legolas really old? I guess in human terms, but wasn't he pretty young for an elf?

I can confirm that you do sing along with Beauty and the Beast. :D

Name a movie that made you cry in the theater. "Yes. Every single one. Except Ice Age 2, Over The Hedge, and Eragon."

Did you misread the question? Because that can't possibly be true. Just as an example, I never saw you crying during Narnia. And I can't imagine you crying during the Emperor's New Groove. Or even DMC...

"I don't enjoy weird movies. Does The Emperor's New Groove count?"

Yes.

And, if TTT is the scariest movie you've ever seen, you need to watch the Village with me sometime, because you haven't seen scary yet.

Melda said...

I seem to remember a bit of crying during Narnia, and DMC certainly made me on the verge of it. I was sorta mad at what they'd done to my precious characters. But all right, I didn't cry during The Emperor's New Groove :) Such a funny movie.

I don't know if my mom would be particularly thrilled at me watchign a horror movie, but if there's ever an opportunity, we'll have to see :P

~Sil

Melda said...

Oh, and no, Legolas is rather old, above two thousand years I'm sure.

~Sil

Quizzing Nerd said...

It's not really a horror movie, per say. It's more of a cultural statement sort of thing that happens to be frightening. It's difficult to explain without giving anything away, but I don't think your mom would have a problem with it. Anyways, the likelihood that we'll be together long enough to watch a movie that has to be rented and cannot be watched with little kids around is close to nil, so it's a moot point.