26 April 2007

Band stuff

Band practice yesterday went REALLY well. For our concert tonight we're playing Invicta, Star Wars/Raider's March, Hockey Night in Canada, Cold Snap, and Creed. We're not playing Grease, which was a relief, because isn't six pages long and I didn't know it very well. And in Cold Snap you get to hear me on the piano! I have a pretty cool jazz piano part. And my piano lesson went well too...I got a lot of new stuff, which is always good, and I get to play Jack Sparrow (officially - I've been sight-reading it all year but now I'm actually learning it). It's fifteen pages long, which is why I hadn't done it before. My other new one was Sonata in B flat major, which (as Erin might be interested to know) I liked so much when I heard it on Saturday that I decided to play it. And if I finish Jack Sparrow early I'm going to do Belle from Beauty and the Beast - it's eighteen pages long!

I have math tests that need marking. Off to do that.

~Sil

"So Scott, where is the concert?"
"Here."
"And when?"
"Tomorrow at 7:30."
"When are you supposed to be there?"
"7."
"What are you supposed to wear?"
"Black."
"Good. Did I neglect to mention it's TOMORROW, guys? It's TOMORROW, as you might be interested to know."

2 comments:

Quizzing Nerd said...

I wish I could be there. Not only because you're playing, although that would be top of the list, but because that's an interesting arrangement of songs. I'd like to hear the Hockey Night In Canada theme played by a band, that would be awesome.

Anonymous said...

Yay for Sonata in B flat. I am touched.