02 October 2006

It's October

And everyone is in Hallowe'en mode. If anyone still spells it Hallowe'en... all the stores I've gone to have said Halloween and I want to climb up and insert one of those apostrophe stickers from Eats, Shoots and Leaves. Oh well. We went to West Ed yesterday and the littler kids wanted to go into the Disney store, so me and my brother wandered around going, "Pirates...pirates...pirates..." and somehow hoping the piratey stuff would call to us. We found it eventually, but there wasn't much there - Davy Jones and Jack Sparrow costumes for little kids; cheap action figures (the Bootstrap Bill one wasn't bad, but the rest were mediocre); lunchboxes that I suppose were somehow supposed to look piratey but didn't, they looked more ninja-y; and funniest of all, pirate pillows that you could plug music into. They had a picture of Will and Jack on them, and had a little speaker. Boy, I bet the quality was GREAT, too. Bit of sarcasm there.
Anyway, pretty much the reason I wanted to go to West Ed was that there's a Jacob Outlet there, which is like Jacob except way cheaper, and I got another pair of cords. This pair is a really nice light green. I think I have more pants now than I've had in, like, the past five years! Dress pants; black, green and tan cords, one pair of jeans, and navy comfy pants that make me look sporty when I'm actually not. Fun fun fun. We also went to Blessings, because I had $35 in gift certificates for there, and I got the Casting Crowns Lifesong CD as well as a thing called Revolve that is basically the New Testament in magazine form. So that was fun. I love shopping when I don't actually have to spend any money. I also deposited the money that's been sitting on my dresser for a week or two, which was kind of a relief. The bank branch was closed, but if you inserted your bank card in a little slot on a post by the door, it opened! It was pretty cool. Boy, I just realized how that makes me sound like I have no life at all. Don't worry, people.

Quiz practice went well, and I won a package of licorice from the draw. This week is Acts 5 - 42 verses. Hopefully it's not as bad as last week. I did get a bit of a head start yesterday. After this week we have two weeks of review before the quiz meet.

Oh, and we went out for supper at Wendy's last night too. I had a salad, like I always do, and a bite of my brother's super-spicy chicken burger, like I always do, and then ate all the ice from the drinks, like I usually do. Then I got a nice long time on the computer when we got back and talked to my friend on the phone (and I reminded her to read this. So you better be, Erin!). I'm actually not having as much of a problem with the phone as I usually do, I used to hate it so much.

One more week of school and then we get a week off. We're visiting my grandparents for Thanksgiving, and I really want to leave on Saturday so we can stay two nights (and I'd miss quiz practice, but frankly, I'd rather visit them) but the plan seems to be that we leave on Sunday after church and stay one night. Phooey. One night is never enough. Then on our week off we're visiting our friends in Edson for wednesday-thursday-friday (though I don't think we're arriving until wednesday evening, and I'd like to leave on friday early enough to get to youth at 7 because it's couch games and I love couch games). Saturday quiz practice is the weekend after that, and then a week later is the quiz meet. Fun stuff. I have to remember to call and say what days I'm not available to babysit, I keep forgetting.

~Sil

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still find it strange how it is the second day of October and it's already considered Hallowe'en.