31 October 2006

Happy Hallowe'en!

Yes, I'm still bound and determined to spell it with an apostrophe. It's been contractionized from All Hallow's Eve to Halloween (and how skewed is THAT?) and I think it deserves an iota of recognition that it wasn't ALWAYS Halloween, and once possessed a name that made a bit more sense. But such is the English language.
Anyway, I do in fact have a costume. It's a white long-sleeved shirt with a navy-blue-and-brown vest, brown boots, a sort of dark multicolored bandana and gold hoop earrings (which I'm wearing now). Oh, and a belt with a sword stuck in it, if I can scavenge one from around here. I'm sure I can, there seems to be a plethora of toy swords lying around (did I use 'plethora' correctly? Or should it have been 'SEEM to be a plethora of toy swords'?). And today I'm going to get a large piece off that roll of paper we have lying around, rip it artistically, write "Pirates! Ye be warned" on it, and put it on the front door. I still have not decided, however, whether I'm going to Bible study or staying home. I tend to seesaw between both - last night I was completely convinced I was going to Bible study and this morning I woke up determined to stay home. I think I'll end up staying home, if only because of the fact that last year we only got about 50 trick-or-treaters total and this Dad got a box of 100 chocolate bars. So guess who gets to eat the leftovers! Me. I also don't know what to do on my pumpkin, whether to do it normally and then stick an eye patch and pirate hat on it, or attempt some fancy pirate design. Oh, I just seesawed, now I want to go to Bible study.

I'm actually on schedule for quizzing, I have the first eight verses of Acts 7:20-60 memorized, and I'm doing another eight today. Hopefully. But it's encouraging to not start the week off behind.

I think I'm going to go Google pumpkin designs.

~Sil

No comments: