24 October 2006

Half-Blood Prince

I think this week's going to be one of those ones where every single day somebody different gets sick. I like having a big family but whenever one of us gets sick it takes the rest of us about two weeks to recover. It's not that good for school, either, because they watch movies all day and it's really hard to concentrate - especially since I'm reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (#6) and it's really hard to put down. I'll review it when I finish it, but so far my observations are as follows: I like Harry a lot, he's more honest and he doesn't act like he's the only smart one around, two weird things have happened so far and for both of them he's told Dumbledore or Mr. Weasley immediately rather than trying to solve them himself. Also, Ron is a bit of an idiot at this point, and it's that part in the book (there always is one, in every book) where Ron and Hermione aren't speaking to each other. Never very comfortable. Um...what else...oh yeah, we've finally discovered that Snape never actually did reform and is currently spying on the Order of the Phoenix and Dumbledore, which disappointed me because I always wanted him to prove Harry wrong and turn out to be good. Oh well. And of course now that Voldemort's back there seem to be evil plots springing up like grass and I'm on tenterhooks that Mr or Mrs Weasley is going to suddenly die. Yes, I already know Dumbledore dies, guys. Somehow everyone I know who had read it before me didn't seem to be able to keep it quiet. Though I really would rather Dumbledore than Sirius, I wish he hadn't died in the fifth one. And last but not least, Malfoy seems to be in Death Eater-training. Lovely.

Had my science test I'd been avoiding yesterday. Or it feels like I'd been avoiding it, maybe it was just that week off school. Anyway, I left three questions blank because I really had no clue, so that wasn't good. I think I got most of the others right though. I wonder how I could enjoy science so much last year and then not like Biology so much (so far, anyway)?

Oh yes, and you guys were really transparent at supper yesterday, MOM and DAD. "Hm, I wonder how many kingdoms there are?" "So what kind of organisms are in kingdom Protista?" Though maybe you were trying to be transparent. Anyway, subtle was not the way to describe it! But don't worry, I still love you.

~Sil

2 comments:

Calminaiel said...

You're taking Bio? Geez, I avoided Bio like my life depended on it. Just the other day I learned that you can live without a spleen, and that you can donate half your liver and it'll grow back. Go figure.

And you're finally reading the Half-Blood Prince! Yay! =)

Melda said...

Well, it was either Biology or Physics, and much as I'm not really enjoying biology I think I still prefer it to physics. Physics = math and boy, do I not like math.

Yeah, I'm done it, i'm gonna post later today.