23 October 2006

I...am...exhausted!

But it's a good kind of exhausted. Cause there was a quiz meet this weekend and it was AMAZING! I'm still practically glowing!

First of all, Southgate was unbelievable. We had five teams and four of them (including mine) made the two three-team finals (which means teams placing 1st, 2nd, 3rd quizzed against each other and teams placing 4th, 5th and 6th did too). I think we ended up with first, third, fourth and sixth places. It was amazing. So all but four of the Southgate people got team awards. Then there were Top Rookie awards, which means that the top ten kids who are just starting quizzing get awards. My brother got the VERY top, which was so amazing, and my friends Josh and Emily got second and fourth, which was equally amazing, because this is their first year doing ANY kind of quizzing.

But now it's time for me to brag. Because that's what a blog is for, to talk about yourself, right? So anyway - you have six quizzes in a meet, not counting the finals. And you need four correct questions to quiz out. So I got four correct and none wrong in EVERY SINGLE quiz, even the final, and I got first place over everybody. Like, everyone. And I got a medal! And I love it so much! And that's without the fact that we won our final (which was the teams placing 4th, 5th and 6th), and I had the best team ever and...sigh...I keep reliving it over again, it was such an awesome day. Next quiz meet is going to be even better because I'll be in A...and strangely, A is a lot more relaxing because I'm not worrying about getting perfect or anything, I'm just trying to get off my seat as much as possible.

I should really get going on school, it's almost lunchtime and I've only done piano. Oops.

~Sil

No comments: