16 October 2006

It's snowing!

Yeah, and about time, too. What is this, Hawaii? No snow until OCTOBER SIXTEENTH? I guess we'll at least have it for Hallowe'en. Dad bought three pumpkins and one of them is mine - it's going to have a skull and crossbones on it. He also got candy. I still don't know what on earth I'm doing that night. There's youth bible study, which I might just dress up as a pirate and go to; or I could stay home, dress up as a pirate and give out candy; or go to my friend's house. We were both going to be pirates, so it would work. 220 days until PotC: At World's End! I'll have to ask tomorrow evening if we can dress up on Hallowe'en night at bible study. I mean, I'm sure they'd still let me in if I was costumed but it would be nice if other people did the same thing.

We're back into school now, after last week's holiday, and the quiz meet is this weekend. My team is Debra and Daniel, which rocks, and we have a total of five Southgate teams, which is bigger than I can ever remember us being. So that's cool. The quiz meet is at our church, so we're meeting there on Thursday to set up and then on Friday for some quizzing in the evening. I'm in the youth band, which is doing five or six songs. It won't be as fun as last time, I don't think, when there were only four of us singing. Now there are six, and all of them are girls except one. Plus, in the one song we were totally off-key for more than half of it and I don't even LIKE that song. And we didn't get to do Shout to the North, my FAVORITE song, because the guitarists didn't have music. I have been able to sing higher lately, though, which is good. I still have to jump an octave down on the choruses of songs sometimes, but I'm getting better. I can barely hear myself at all, though. So yeah, it won't be as fun as last time.

It's still snowing. I hope it snows all day, then I can make ice cream. This is where all you picky "oh no - GERMS!" people cringe and tell me I'm killing myself slowly. This is also where people like Steven Chute start going "You see, when snow comes through the atmosphere it falls through a layer of smog..." and all such annoying stuff. I like snow ice cream. And Erin, I hope you don't mind me quoting you (sort of) but - I'll call you after I die, and if it's because I ate snow ice cream, you can sue me. There. That's my little snippet of plagiarism for today.

~Sil

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May I please have your snow ice cream recipe? I am not a germophobia sufferer, and it sounds good....

Josh