30 October 2006

Daylight Savings

Actually, none of us were caught by surprise this time around. Though all the kids were up early, and seemed to have entirely forgotten that you need to be DRESSED and ready to go on Sunday morning before you can play Nintendo. So I got up about an hour after they did and reminded them. I'm sure they all think I'm absolutely no fun, but you know, a girl's got to be on time for quizzing practice! And we just about were, we were all ready at least ten minutes before we needed to go, but then the van had to warm up and Dad had to scrape off the ice (it snowed! Like, really snowed! About four or five inches!) and we didn't drive as fast as we usually do because the roads were slippery, so we weren't on time. Well, we weren't one time as in 8:45-on-time, but we weren't seriously late. It's a good thing there weren't mini-pizzas this morning though, for people who come on time, or I would not have gotten one.
We did, however, decide on our new quiz t-shirt design. I actually think I like the old one better, a lot better, but you know, I don't think anyone else really wanted the old one so it doesn't make much of a difference. And we were exactly divided as far as color goes, there were sixteen quizzers there, and eight wanted a sort of teal-green color and eight wanted black. I would want black if my design had gotten chosen (CIA, Christ in Action) but as it didn't (it did respectably well in the voting though) I would prefer teal. Anyway, I'm going to wear my old shirt a lot more now, because I love that shirt. It's got the Southgate logo on the front and then on the back a picture of a Jesus fish with an eye in the middle and underneath it the words "Becoming His Pupil" which I thought was really smart. When we were choosing it, one of the coaches we had then (Stephen) did a variation with the Eye of Sauron inside rather than an normal eye. I thought it was very sweet of him, but of course nobody voted for it besides me.
At the end of practice we got cinnamon buns and doughnuts, because it was Meghan and Sarah's birthdays. They're both born on Hallowe'en. We only got in about fifteen minutes of practice, but it was pretty productive practice, and I beat Josh up a lot, which is basically my quizzing goal in life. Eh, no, it's not, but he's been to Internationals so I consider it quite an achievement.

Oh, and then yesterday afternoon we (me and mom) had a lovely quiet three hours while the others went swimming. I forgot to do piano, though, maybe I'll do it twice today.

I should really post more regularly, so I don't have to do these giant ones. Anyway, the Photo Scavenger Hunt was pretty fun, and our team would have won except another team did some weird thing where they got two of the objects we needed in one picture and got bonus points. Phooey, I like winning. But the prize was a pizza party next week (which is the all-nighter) and Bryan just gave us all a pizza party, so it doesn't really matter who won. I guess (says the extremely competitive side of me). I got a bunch of the Polaroids we took, to scrapbook them, and I'm currently working on it. Oh, that reminds me! I have to email everyone from the quiz meet who took pictures and get them to send them to me.

~Sil

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What were some of the other T-shirt design ideas? I need an idea for our church.

Josh

Miliuel said...

Yes, Josh, we really need to show up at a quiz meet with a Southgate quizzer's design.

Anonymous said...

What do you think I'd do, take the exact design, put it on the t-shirt, and stamp "Copyright of Southgate" on it? I'm just looking for some ideas; if I like any of them, I'll switch it around until it's unique, and then use it.

Josh