27 October 2006

Strange

I keep forgetting to mention - I've discovered something pretty weird about myself. I was memorizing verses in Acts 7 on Wednesday and playing with little plastic toy soldiers at the same time and it went way better (the memorizing, that is) than usual. And then today when I was going over them I put away my laundry and played with a balloon and that worked, too; whereas if I just try and sit there with a book and repeat them to myself, I don't get very far. Weird, eh? I guess I have to be doing something else simultaneously for the verses to really stick.

Photo Scavenger Hunt at youth tonight. Basically what we do is wander around West Edmonton Mall taking pictures of things on a list. Not, like, specific things, but things like "The coolest thing in the mall" (the skating rink) or "The most light bulbs possible in one place" (a Christmas tree) or "Seven shoes". Last year we got most points for seven shoes because everyone else just took off seven shoes and took a picture, whereas we actually found a display with seven shoes in it and took a picture. Plus, our team only had three people (3 people = 6 shoes, in case you didn't catch that) anyway so we couldn't have. Oh yeah, and we're using old Polaroid cameras. This means two things - crazily expensive film, and only ten pictures per roll. And don't wave them to dry the ink!

~Sil

No comments: