26 October 2006

I love Thursdays

Thursdays mean I don't have to do anything...or go out anywhere...well, I still have school, but that doesn't really count. They also mean I can wear comfy pants and different-colored socks, because I haven't done laundry in a while. Oops. Unless we go shopping for my friend's birthday present today (which we might, her party's on Saturday and there's youth tomorrow night so we couldn't go then) I don't actually have to leave the house. Wow.

Band yesterday was funny, because everyone was tired (including Bill, the director) so we attempted Air For Band, which is arguably our easiest piece, and failed horribly. I kept thinking we'd stopped because in bits nobody would play at all and I'd be sitting there playing the dinky little keyboard all by myself. But it made me feel better, because I hadn't practiced a whole lot this week. So we got a couple Christmas medley pieces (I have bells in both), which are pretty, and sorta tried one of them. It went okay except there were long bits where I didn't play and I kept getting lost as to where to come in. Usually bells follow the melody though, so it wasn't that hard, especially since they're all traditional carols. I really should see if anyone I know has an unused set of bells lying around somewhere, because it would be good if I could practice. Oh, and as an aside we now have a french horn, because the first trumpet got one. He's not very good at it but that's okay - we have too many trumpets anyway. Four, including him, and they're all guys and they all like to goof around a LOT.
Piano went well...except I can't seem to grasp transposition for orchestral instruments and I keep doing stupid things that render the whole problem wrong. Sigh. Though my teacher did FINALLY see Dead Man's Chest, so she knows what the heck I'm playing out of the music book. She agreed with me about the end. 211 days until At World's End!

I'm finished Half-Blood Prince, and it was a lot sadder than I thought it would be at the end. I cried. And I'm sad that Harry isn't going back to Hogwarts, because I love Hogwarts, and I thought it was really stupid that he couldn't go to the final Quidditch match because he had detention. Honestly. Ron stopped being an idiot, though, so that was good.
I'm actually finished it now, but I started a book called His Majesty's Dragon yesterday. I think it was published in some places as Temeraire, actually. It was pretty good, but not long enough, because I finished it this morning.

~Sil

No comments: