01 November 2006

This house smells of candy.

There's always a lot, with four trick-or-treating kids, and when one of them has an exceptionally big haul (it was his last year so he went a little crazy) it's nuts. They've been tossing a very generous amount my way, so I'm not doing too badly, on the whole. Mom made her yearly Hallowe'en joke about sand-blasting our teeth, and we watched Jeopardy and Gilmore Girls, both of which we don't usually, while we ate candy. Oh, and Luke and Lorelai (and Rory, for that matter, though not as much) are idiots. They're idiots. Luke and Lorelai are PERFECT for each other, but they don't seem to realize it, and it's maddening! I mean, real-life people would NEVER be so stupid! I guess it does make for interesting TV, though.
I saw some hilarious costumes - one kid was a kissing booth (I kid you not) and one was a whoopie cushion; and this duo came to the door, and one of them was Spongebob. So I said "Hi, Spongebob" and the other kid says, "I'm Death!" So they get their candy and off they go, while I start giggling maniacally at the thought of "Spongebob and Death" trundling along with their pillowcases in search of sugar. He actually looked very like a Nazgul (Ringwraith, Black Rider for the uninitiated. Er, Death, that is, not Spongebob). I should have suggested he start speaking in a screechy, hoarse voice and then he could have said he was one. There were a couple Darth Vaders (one kid explained very earnestly that he was Anakin in a sort of semi-Darth-Vader state; at least that's what I got out of it) and the usual Canadian Halloween costumes which are mostly torso-centered, so you see a pair of ogre ears or a pirate hat and you just have to assume that the rest of it is there somewhere under the winter coat. Sadly, no hobbits or elves or orcs (or humans, for that matter) were readily apparent. I need to be a hobbit next Halloween, so people know all the LotR fans haven't melted off the face of the earth. One pirate came to the door and asked if he could come in and join the party, after seeing my "Pirates! Ye be warned" sign. I have to say though, my costume was better than his and I wasn't even trick-or-treating.
Oh, so as is probably apparent, I stayed home from Bible study. My pumpkin was nothing special, because I couldn't find a simple enough pirate design so I did a sort of generic pumpkin-y kind of thing. We got pictures, but no digital ones, so as soon as we get them developed I'll scan them on Mom's computer and people who wanted them can see.

~Sil

No comments: