16 October 2007

Election Time!

So, if you've been paying attention to the news (er, and if you're Canadian) you'll know that there's a Speech From the Throne and a new budget being voted on thus Thursday (three votes in the House Of Commons total), and there's a very good possibility that the Liberals will vote against one of the three. Meaning that Parliament will then dissolve, meaning - guess what! - an election. It's an exciting prospect, not just because I love elections (yes, I an a nerd, and door-knocking makes me excited) but because the Conservative Party of Canada is at about 40% in the polls, meaning that we could quite possibly attain a majority government this time around. Which, if you're hardcore Conservative (and I am) is a very good thing.

CANADIANS - watch the news on Thursday! You'll know if it's election time!

~Sil

"See, the fluctuation in my sound waves isn't visible with the naked eye."
"I noticed that when I observed your sound waves with my naked eye."

9 comments:

Inverted Frog said...

Hmm...well, if I was Canadian, I'm sure I'd watch the polls or whatnot. But...I'm not, so...you'll just have to blog about it. :P

Anonymous said...

Lol! oooh, cool, you have a Queen too no? :P *sticks out tongue* But our princess is way cooler than prince....what-was -his-name! Lol.
I mean....she's only 3...or something like that...and has blond pigtails! How cute is that? :P

Errr...yeah, right. :P

Lol. I'm interested in politics, but....I'm neutral. And I'll always be. It's against my principles, as is war.
I like observing politics though. It's always interesting to see so many ways to lie, or avoid telling the truth.

Melda said...

Just out of interest, how is politics against your principles? I know my MP, and I can say with conviction that he's an amazing guy :P How can it really be a bad thing to decide who governs you?

And I could totally get into why I'm not a pacifist...but I won't :)

We sorta have a queen in name, but mostly just for the look of it :P

~Sil

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Lol, we also only have a Queen in name. But our princess is still cooler :P *sticks out tongue again* *is childish* :P nah, the Queen is...like our national mascot. Lol!

Anyway, it 'd take far too long to explain why [i]exactly[/i] I'm not planning to vote, but let's just say that....oh, I don't believe humans should rule/judge others at all. It always goes wrong anyway, and I don't see that changing very soon. Lol, of course, voting for smaller things...I'd do that, if I were an adult. But the bigger stuff? No.

I believe in personal freedom etc.. And I know this sounds illogical and stupid, the way I put it now....but oh well, it's hardly polite to bury your blog under an enormous essay. :P

Inverted Frog said...

I suggest that you blog about it, then, Meril!!! ^_^

....everyone in my family except for my twin and I has met the Queen of Holland. Well, perhaps the former queen. I dunno. It was in the 90's.

Melda said...

I actually don't mind blog-burying essays at all. I'm very interested. But go ahead and blog about if you'd like :)

~Sil

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I'll blog about it, yeah. Lol. And I guess I should blog about my weird Half-Vegatarianness as well, since people tend to think it's very, very confusing. :P
Which it really isn't.
And if you survived my latest relgious-rant blog....+ ew-y guy before that, you should be able to survive this too :P

Lol! How did they meet her? :P ....could very well be Beatrix. Our Queen is getting old now, she'll soon stop being Queen, methinks. So I guess it'd be the same person.

Hmmm...that'd mean we'd get a King! :D That's cool, actually, since we haven't had a King for...oh, about a 100, maybe 200 years? We always seem to have Queens :P

Inverted Frog said...

Ooh, yeah. It was Queen Beatrix. And I don't remember exactly how/why they got to meet her.