04 October 2007

Thursdays

I love my Thursdays.
Dictionary
Thursday |ˈθərzˌdā; -dē| noun the day of the week before Friday and following Wednesday : the committee met on Thursday | the music program for Thursdays in April | [as adj. ] Thursday morning. adverb on Thursday : he called her up Thursday. • ( Thursdays) on Thursdays; each Thursday : the column is published Thursdays. ORIGIN Old English Thu(n)resdæg [day of thunder,] translation of late Latin Jovis dies ‘day of Jupiter’ (god associated with thunder): compare with Dutch donderdag and German Donnerstag.
That was random, but yes, origin of Thursday. See, on Thursdays I normally get to stay home ALL day (unless I'm babysitting or there's a board meeting). I know I'm a hopeless homebody, but I really enjoy it so much. Also, Thursday afternoons leave me either home alone or home with my brother, making the house lovely and quiet, which I also enjoy. This Thursday I do have to pick up the little boy I babysit from school and stay with him and his sister for a couple hours...but there are worse ways to make $20 a day. And the last good thing about Thursday - it comes before Friday. Which comes before Saturday. And those are probably my two favorite days of the week.

In other news...got Rondo Alla Turca yesterday and was SO hyped! It's a pretty hard piece but I've wanted to play it forever. I also updated my links to add Meril's Random Randomness (Aerlinn from A-U) and Inkhearties, which contains news about the Inkworld trilogy by Cornelia Funke. And I was grating orange zest last night and hurt my thumb. You know just how exciting life is when I'm reporting THAT. That's okay, I like a non-exciting life sometimes.

And in case not *everybody* has heard, though I would think you had - NATALIE AND BRYAN ARE HAVING ANOTHER BABY! (Bryan's our youth pastor and Natalie's his wife, for the benefit of those who are not intimately acquainted with my acquaintances) And, as the capitals indicate, I'm extremely excited about it. Oddly, I never remember being this excited for any of my siblings' births. It was always like, "Oh, mom's pregnant again. It better be a [boy/girl] because the last one was a [boy/girl]." Okay, maybe not. But you get the idea.

~Sil

[Jamie has been very funny lately, so I've quoted her twice]

Jamie: Oh Kjan. I really have no idea what I'm going to do with him.
Joy: I find it extremely amusing that you would even attempt to do something with him.
Jamie: Well, I haven't yet, which is probably the source of the problems. There's just no knowing what he'll do next, really.
Joy: I would have to agree. I've completely given up trying to predict him.
Jamie: So have I, sadly. I really don't think that's how the character/author relationship is supposed to work.

"So every now and then, I start to get the impression that I might be capable of passing as a relatively sane person. Then I get an idea that serves to completely and utterly disprove that notion. Something like "I should throw a fully-decorated pirate party next weekend" or "I should write a novel for that competition that ends tomorrow" or, most recently, "I should make my own Eowyn costume, despite having absolutely no prior sewing experience, no sewing machine besides my grandma's 40-year-old monster, and less than two weeks before Middlefaire.""

3 comments:

Inverted Frog said...

....$20 a day, eh? As you said--there are worse ways to make money. :P

So....your WoT-fan-Youth-Pastor is going to get a new child? coolness.

<_< You're blogging a lot. I didn't have the time to blog last night, but I wanted to. After all, I got to do a very cool thing yesterday. ^_^

Anonymous said...

Aaawww, congrats on your YP being pregnant Melda! :-D Uh...I mean, his wife being pregnant. :P
I remember being completely hyper and happy when my brother was born - only to get very upset when he turned out to be a boy, hahaha :P (but I'm ok with it now...lol. Nah, I love him :) )

Oh, btw, probably not very interesting but...The other days of the week are called Maandag, Dinsdag, Woensdag, Donderdag ( you already know that one :P ) , Vrijdag, Zaterdag, Zondag in Dutch. It pretty much means Moon-day, Týr's day ( Týr is a local pagan god), Wodan's day (another god), Donderdag - you know that one, Fryia's day ( a local goddess),Saturn's day and Sun's day. (same as in English :P)

*end of far too long, not-so interesting comment*
Bwa, I'm really totally completely random today :P
Oh, and this is Meril, btw (if you hadn't guessed by all the Dutch :P) Blogger won't let me log in. I think it hates me already.

Kyleian said...

Changed my blogger address... www.drumofadifferentbeat.blogspot.com