22 December 2006

What Child is This?

I know I posted already today, but I was bored. And I know you guys like it when I post, and Robyn suggested What Child is This...so I thought - why not? Actually it should be What Children are These, but as long as it works. The Children spoken of are currently in bed - all of them - because they're all sick to some degree except me. Our house doesn't seem to be able to escape it, and we're all hoping we recover to some degree before Christmas. Anyway, it's a weird feeling, to be up all by myself.

Today I spent putting ribbons on presents. It was fun, and I discovered just how many are from my grandma in Kamloops - probably ten or eleven. She usually sends money, about sixty dollars for each of us, which adds up to $300, so I guess Mom just got us a whole whack of family gifts this year instead of dividing it among us. I like it this way. I also have this weird-shaped one that I think might be from Best Buy, because when we were driving home from seeing Eragon there were bags from Best Buy in the back seat and Mom told me not to look in them. I wonder what it is, though? I'm not a really electronics person...besides the computer, of course...

Today was also the second day in a row that felt like Saturday, and seeing as tomorrow IS Saturday, I'm assuming it'll feel like it too.

Oh! And I was surfing YouTube, which I do occasionally, and found an eight-minute long clip of DMC. It's the Liar's Dice scene, along with the bits where Will steals the key from Davy Jones (a nail-biting two minutes if I've ever seen it) and tells Bootstrap Bill he'll come back and save him. Will's my favorite. I also found a critique of DMC by the host of Ask A Ninja, a very odd little video but also very funny. Kyle likes these. So if you want to watch it, it's -
  • here

  • Pretty hilarious, no matter how much he makes fun of it. "If you've never met Keira Knightley, she's a slightly more mannish version of Orlando Bloom." (I disagree, but still funny!)

    ~Sil

    P.S. An oh my goodness, have there ever been great commercials on TV lately! Every time I walk down it's a commercial for the CBC showing of Return of the King or Curse of the Black Pearl, and occasionally Eragon gets in there too.

    No comments: