05 December 2006

We Three Kings

And here's a picture of them from The Nativity Story (New Line Cinema) which came out this month, I think:

It's got Keisha Castle-Hughes as Mary, and (let me figure out how to spell it) Shohreh Aghdashloo as Joseph. No, my bad, that's Elizabeth. Oscar Isaac is Joseph.
The reviewers have not been particularly kind so far. The one that jumped out at me from the site I'm looking at (www.rottentomatoes.com/m/nativity_story) were "An effective pitch for Christianity as the dullest religion ever" - Las Vegas Weekly. And as I scroll down, desperately trying to find a halfway positive review from anywhere...anywhere at all...ah, here we go: "At a time when secular celebrations, including most films, have redefined the holiday as a meaningless and generic act of consumerism, 'The Nativity Story" reclaims its roots as a story of sacrifice and celebration.'" - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. I've never heard of them either. Okay, so it's not a really ringing endorsement about the movie itself, but it was really the best that was there.

Everybody except me and my brother went to Shrek Saves Christmas last night, the Telus (Dad's job) Christmas play for kids. They got gift bags with water bottles and little Gund monkeys in them, and I stole one (I don't know which parent it belonged to, but I don't think they'll be missing it) and it is now wrapped around the lamp on my bedside table. They've got magnetic hands and feet, and the lamp is metal, so it works well.

What's today, December 5? So that means 10 more days until Eragon! And while we're at it, 170 days until PotC: AWE and 20 more days until Christmas.

~Sil

1 comment:

Miliuel said...

I get the priviledge of being one of the three Kings in our church Christmas play. Whoop-de-do.