21 December 2006

Feliz Navidad

I was just playing that on the piano. Interesting song. "We wish you a merry Christmas...with lots of presents to make you happy..." I mean, what kind of lyrics are those? Maybe Spanish people are just weird. Kidding.

And as Josh reminded me, I made up a Christmas carol spoof, for a contest on Arwen-Undomiel. I think it's sort of cheesy, but here it is. It's a spoof of Jingle Bells, by the way.

The Ring was gold and shiny
'Twas circular and small
Though its size was but tiny
Its power ruled them all.

Through many hands it passed
Of Maia, Hobbit, Man
When Frodo found it Gandalf said
"Destroy it if you can!"

Oh! The wizard went, by Valar sent
The dwarf and two men too
The hobbits tagged along behind
With the elf of old, it's true - yrch!

The Fellowship, the banded Nine
They traveled many lands
They strayed not from the narrow edge
With Fate held in their hands!

Through ancient Moria of stone
The party made their path
They exited there minus one -
While the Balrog had a bath!

The Steward's son, of Gondor
Was noble, tall and brave
The Uruk-hai, they shot him down -
Sent to a watery grave!

Oh! Seven split, bit by bit
Now Gollum has a part
Their journeys long, not in this song
In a book now called great art

Sauron died, Gollum tried
To bite off Frodo's hand
He only got his finger, though
Now Elessar ruled the land!

I don't think I'll win, though I may place - there were five entries, and currently the scoring is like this:
Johnny's Fan - 15 points
Me (Meldawen) - 12 points
Nurrantiel - 11 points
Kelenloth - 8 points
Drew's Destiny - 4 points

Johnny's Fan deserves to win, hers are hilarious. You can see all the entries -
  • here


  • And I went to see Eragon last night. It was way better than I expected. The best characters were Brom and Eragon, and Arya was also better than I thought she would be. In the book she's supposed to have black hair and they made her strawberry blonde, which was weird, but she was quite good except for a few lines that I thought didn't really fit her character. Murtagh was very good but he didn't get enough screen time, Angela was horrible, Durza was arguably the best of the bunch and Galbatorix was a little odd. Altogether I REALLY enjoyed it, though. Saphira (the dragon, for the uninitiated) was amazing, you totally forgot that she was almost completely computerized, and her character was exactly right. I wish it had been longer, though - too many important things were cut.

    ~Sil

    3 comments:

    Juanita Stauffer said...

    Nice song, Amy! It scans fairly well - I had to sing it to myself just to see how it worked!

    Mrs. Stauffer

    Calminaiel said...

    Awesome song. =) lol

    Aw, I really want to see Eragon. Not that I have the time. Maybe during exam break. They always leave things out it movies...I should really read the book against before I see the movie. Not that I have time for that either.

    Melda said...

    Thanks Mrs Stauffer! Glad you liked it!

    Well, actually Robyn, maybe if you don't read the book again you'll appreciate the movie more. They changed a LOT of things, so maybe if you're not comparing them as you watch you'll like it more.