19 December 2006

My bad

I abandoned you all for a week, I'm sorry! It might have been longer, except Robyn started posting again and then my insanely competitive side decided that I couldn't have this. So in a weird sort of way, thanks Robyn!

Let me see...what's been happening...oh, I had my band concert, which went well. I didn't make any really glaring errors, which was good. The little kids were so cute! The one little clarinet kept squeaking. Anyway, I discovered that our first trumpet, Scott, is a LotR geek, and I explained to him how Feanor is an idiot because he hadn't read the Silmarillion. We talked about Dead Man's Chest, too. All the band people agree that it has to be Will and Elizabeth.

I also got all my Christmas shopping done, and I got to do some of it with Erin rather than by myself. So thank you for going with me, Erin, even though I'm pretty sure you don't read this. Oh, shoot, I was supposed to phone you today! And I'm babysitting tonight. Darn.

Another highlight of my week was the youth Christmas banquet, and I wore my twirly black skirt and a really pretty shirt we got at Designer Depot - sort of raspberry-colored with sequins. My shoes matched very nicely, too. We did a white elephant gift exchange - and Josh gave me Dutch Blitz for Christmas! THANK YOU JOSH! We've been playing it nonstop since friday. Right now Mom is playing with the kids up in the kitchen.

Ah yes, and my theory exam. It's been a week and three days since that. I can't remember whether I posted about it or not. Anyway, it went well, and I couldn't remember whether Allegretto was a little slower than Allegro or a little faster, and I put a little slower, which was good, because it was. So I'm hoping I get a pretty high mark on that.

~Sil

EDIT: On my gosh I can't believe I forgot - I'm going to see Eragon tomorrow! With Loree and Amilynn! I'm so excited, even though it doesn't look like it's a really good movie. Arya SUCKS and Eragon himself isn't that good. But that's not the point. I'm still really excited.

~Sil (for real)

3 comments:

Calminaiel said...

Well...I'm glad I could help...=)

Hm...I need to see Eragon. Not that I'll have the time anytime soon...I'm so busy.

I hate clarinets that squeak. They always do it during the pretty quiet parts.

Anonymous said...

You're welcome - again. ;)

It's nice to see you post again, thanks Robyn. You forgot the Christmas carol title, though. And the LotR spoof Christmas carol. Maybe another post is in order? :)

Have fun at Eragon!

Melda said...

Oops, I did forget. Posting now :)