25 May 2007

I made it!

WARNING: DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU'VE A) SEEN THE MOVIE (DUH AS TO WHICH ONE) OR B) ARE ENTIRELY OKAY WITH HAVING IT SPOILED UTTERLY FOR YOU.














That's so nobody gets mad at me. Ha.

As I thought, I was practically shaking before it started, and I sobbed through the entire last half hour of it. At the beginning I was extremely disoriented, and had no idea what was happening or how, but it got better. Everybody switched sides all over the place in this one, no joke, I don't think anyone stayed on the same side for the entire movie. At all. So I totally lost track of the plot in some bits, which means a synopsis of said plot will NOT be happening here, because I would totally mess it up.

Will was SO AMAZING! I need to marry a guy whose last name is Turner. Granted, if I only see him every ten years that would be a drag but oh my gosh Will is just...instant love. He had so much more of a commanding role in this movie, I loved it. There's this one line near the beginning where they're sailing to World's End and he says "How long do we continue not talking?" and then Elizabeth says something about when Jack is rescued it'll be all right, and I practically shouted at her right there in the theater. Elizabeth! You have the best guy in the entire WORLD and look what you're doing to him! It's just wrong! Anyway. I absolutely adored the marriage-in-the-battle scene, he was amazing in that, and I totally burst into tears the minute he got stabbed at the end. Totally did. And sobbed until the end of the movie.

Elizabeth was, in my opinion, better than I've ever seen her. She showed some much-needed emotion at her father's death and at Norrington's and at Will's - though I guess Will's wasn't really death. I thought it was for a heartstopping three seconds or so in which I totally thought the world was ending, but it wasn't so it was okay. I practically held my breath through all the romantic scenes. Elizabeth is the luckiest girl in the world. Or at the end of it. It was so sad and happy and heartbreaking, at the end. THAT'S true love, when you'll wait ten years to see your husband for one night.

Jack...whoa. I totally lost track of Jack through most of it. The scenes with multiple Jacks were just extremely bizarre, but amusing. I loved how he did the right thing at the end, letting Will stab the heart, and his line to Elizabeth about once being quite enough. Jack was so good in this one.

I could go on about Norrington and Davy and Tia/Calypso and Captain Teague and the Pirate Lords and Barbossa and the monkey...actually, I will say about the monkey that it was the cutest thing ever in this one...but on we go. I will be posting more about AWE as I remember it, this is not the only review you'll see.

The marriage scene! In the battle! Best thing ever in the entire world or at the end of it. I was laughing/crying through the entire thing. It was just...amazing.

I felt and still feel really emotionally drained and I practically get teary every time I think of the ending....especially the scene at the very end of the credits. That kid looked so much like Will.

I know I'm being repetitive...but I want to marry a Will!

How am I going to have a purpose in life now?

Possible answer: Pirates 4.

Drink up, me hearties, yo ho!

~Sil

2 comments:

Calminaiel said...

We pretty much share the same opinions on this movie. I must agree, I totally loved the marriage scene in the middle of the battle!

"You may kiss-" Stops to fight.
"You may now kiss-" Stops to fight.
"Just kiss!"

And it was quite sad when Will 'died'...but when he came back...is it just me, or did he look ten times better after he died, then before?! Honestly, it was like...wow...

I'm sure we'll be passing comments about the movie back and forth for a while. =)

Melda said...

I practically choked when I saw that huge scar on his chest, and then he's like, "It's always been yours. Will you keep it safe?" about the heart and I went awwwww! *tears* How could they have lived for TEN YEARS without each other? So sad! On that beach, though, best W/E kiss EVER.

Oh, and I loved -
Will: "Will you marry me?"
Elizabeth: "I don't think now is the best time!"
Will: "Now may be the only time! I love you. I made my choice. What's yours?"
Elizabeth: "Barbossa!"
Will: *looks confused*
Elizabeth: "Marry us!"

The romantic part of me was 'awwww'ing continually through the last part of the movie.

And the monkey! SO CUTE in this movie!

You know what, I've decided. I need to dedicate a blog post to each and every character, there's absolutely too much to say.