21 May 2007

Camera!

I bought a camera today! It's the cutest little camera pretty much ever. It's a Canon Powershot and it's really little and silver and black. And about a centimeter thick. I would post a picture, but seeing as it's a camera and it TAKES the pictures, that wouldn't really work. And I'm too lazy to hunt up a picture of it online. Anyway, it's got an awesome little carrying case that I love and a memory card that holds more pictures than I'm ever gonna take (like, six hundred of 'em) and I'm excited!

Other than that, I spent today either a) watching my siblings play Harvest Moon or b) playing it myself. I've got them all hooked. You all should have seen them when it came time to get married, it was hilarious. For the males among us especially. I named my Harvest Moon chickens Fingers and Nugget, and then I ran out of creativity for the chick so it was Fuzz. And the cow is Beef. And the Sheep is Mutton. And my sister prevailed when it came to the horse so I relented (slightly) and called it Brego. Mostly because I don't know what horse meat is called, and the name had to be seven letters or less.

Oh! and there should be a c) there too! I got to talk to pirateoftherings on the phone! She's way down in New Orleans on a missions trip, and we weren't going to see each other on MSN all week, so she phoned me on her cell and we talked. It was really weird, hearing someone's voice who I've never met except online, but I was majorly hyped. It was awesome.

And a d) too, I guess....season finale of 24 tonight. Most unsatisfying. Chloe's pregnant. Jack needs professional help and some sleep. Nadia needs a guy who won't die on her, Bill and Karen need to have about three years of stress-free life, Noah Daniels needs to stop being Vice President, and Tom Lennox actually doesn't need anything. Wow. But what happened to Lisa? And Palmer? And does Audrey always look that pretty when she's sleeping?

~Sil

"Don't touch your potatoes! They're flammable!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! that's exciting! (the camera and the pirate-of-the rings thing. can't say i'm familiar with harvest moon.)
so do you call her pirtate-of-the-rings when you're talking?

Melda said...

Well, it was my first instinct to, but pirateoftherings is a mouthful so I generally call her Pirate. Or Jamie. Which happens to be her actual name. When she phoned she asked for Amy, because it would have been confusing if, say, my dad had picked up the phone and heard her asking for Meldawen :P But I don't really think of her as a Jamie, much more as a Pirate. Or a PotR if we're talking online abbreviations.

~Sil