10 September 2007

Random things, none of which are important enough for a title except the first one. Read it.

Today I shall be blogging about random things. Get ready.

First Random Thing: Today is the International Day of Hugs (or something). I think this is because September 11th is tomorrow. So, you know, hug someone today! I still can't get my head around the fact that 9/11 is six years ago. It still seems so huge in how we remember it that it's hard to believe how long it's been. I remember everyone being freaked out about buildings being blown up, but not really understanding what was happening - I was ten at the time. So there's another reminder - remember the Twin Towers tomorrow. It didn't affect most of us, but it did for many, many people.

Second Random Thing: I made my first banner!



Click on it to make it bigger. It's not technically my first one, but the first one I'm actually proud of. I've done others that I didn't like so much, but I REALLY like this one. I'm really very proud of it.

Third Random Thing: I got new piano books! The grade 9 ones are really extremely large. The repertoire one actually has a spine. It makes me feel important. I haven't looked through them much, but piano lessons start again on Wednesday, so I'll be working out of there a lot.

Fourth Random Thing: Youth starts again this week!!! I'm so excited to have Tuesdays and Fridays back, and all the awesome people at Bible study to rant to (er...I mean...talk to). First Friday youth event is wide games, which is pretty much my favorite type of youth event ever besides the Pirate night and maybe the Survivor night.

Fifth Random Thing: I got Facebook! After grumbling for a while about how it's not homeschooler-friendly, I basically decided I was missing out and lied about my age so I could sign up with no network. It's actually really fun, and sorta addicting. I'll always love my Arwen-Undomiel best, though!

Sixth (and last) Random Thing: My arm really hurts. I'm serious. Nobody is taking me seriously because they ask WHY my arm hurts, and then I have to tell them that I was playing the AWE game on Wii and I was overenthusiastic, but it really hurts! It hurts to write and play the piano and anything involving doing anything with my right hand and I'm really annoyed. I know it's my fault...but some sympathy would be nice...

~Sil

Elegost: we don't have a submarine car.
Me: you're not cool without a supmarine car. [OKAY, so I typoed. Sue me.]
Reindeer: well, I'd actually prefer a submarine car, Melda, but you can enjoy your supmarine car
PotR: it drives on land, drives under water, and prepares your supper all at once!

7 comments:

Inverted Frog said...

I claim first comment!!!

Oooh--cool new banner. Me likey.

Welcome to Facebook. :D

And I truly do pity you for your hurting arm.

Anonymous said...

"awesome people at Bible study to rant to (er...I mean...talk to)"

is that all we are to you??? *cries. and after I phoned you and everything...

ooh prettttty banner.

Melda said...

Awww, don't worry, I love you :D (doesn't change the fact that you're an amazing person to rant to, though, among other good qualities. Hehe)

~Sil

Anonymous said...

Aww, your arm still hurts?

That's kind of...long... =/
Maybe you should go see a doctor? I mean, lol, I stretched to far with ballet too, and it turned out I had almost ripped the muscle...lol!

Good luck with it

(....scary. this is my first comment EVER =P )

Melda said...

It's actually better now, just in time for piano lessons to start again. Heh. Convenient. I've learned my lesson - swordfighting on a wii is rather different than in real life XD

~Sil

Kyleian said...

I hurt my arm playing my cousin's wii a while ago... we were playing baseball... and I overdid my pitch. :P

Wow... grade 9??? I wouldn't even want to look at sheet music like that.

Anonymous said...

i got tennis elbow from playing on a wii... not...