24 September 2007

More banners

Life's good, but not overtly interesting - so more banners! (If you click on them they bring up Photobucket. Not sure why)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

None of them are really complicated, but I'm rather proud. They're fun to make, too.

~Sil

Me: "You have been responsible for the death of one Meldawen. You will be notified regarding funeral fees imminently."
Chris: "Hang on, she's implying that there's more than one Meldawen!"
Jamie: "Wow, can the undead reproduce?"
Chris: "They spawn."
Jamie: "Oh, true."

7 comments:

Inverted Frog said...

Ah, you are making use of textures. I commend you--that's something I was never able to get the hang of. *applauds*

However. For every good thing (that you do :P) there must be a bad thing (that you do :P). Thusly, you (of course) forgot a quotation mark in your quote. Hence, Ellie is quoting PotR and himself in the quote at the bottom. ^_^

Melda said...

That deserves an eyeroll.

But thanks anyway :)

~Sil

Quizzing Nerd said...

Nicely done! I especially like the Eowyn one.

*makes uncharacteristically short comment*

Kyleian said...

I LOVE the Eowyn banner...

BTW, what/where exactly ARE the textures on the GIMP? I've not been able to find them...

Melda said...

I use the little tool that looks like a stamp ("Paint using patterns or image regions") set the opacity to between 10 and 15 (maybe slightly higher) and then just use the biggest circular paint brush to go over the image. Does that sorta make sense?

~Sil

Miliuel said...

Textures... gimp... I just use ones online - you can find a lot of links at the A-U forum resources section -, paste into a new layer, and play with the layer properties until they look good. *shrug*

Not that I use Gimp excessively. I'm too lazy to figure it out.

Great banners! I personally like the Arwen and 'here there be dragons' ones best. I like your style though.

Kyleian said...

Ah, okay... thanks.