27 September 2007

Funnest Most Fun banner yet

I just finished a Nazgul banner/avatar set and I honestly had SO much fun with this one.




Played around for a long time with color settings and various layers (this banner, incidentally, has 16 layers, the most I've ever had) and I think I have a couple layers in there that were oilified and then decreased in opacity, which made the whole thing look COOL. I think about six of the sixteen layers are in the word "never", which has the font Copperplate on top of Scriptina in black and white, faded to various degrees. The one thing I wished I could have fixed is that it looks grainy in bits. It looks fine on my computer, but somewhere in the uploading to tinypic/photobucket something went a little awry. Oh well. It still looks okay.

As for life in general...I started Harmony 3 on Saturday. So far it's not that bad, we're writing soprano/alto/tenor/bass voices, and you just have to make sure you remember all the rules. Keep your common note, make sure the leading note rises to the tonic, etc. I feel very sophisticated, being in this level of theory. Hehe. Piano's good too, currently playing grade 9 Colors of the Wind (hard but very pretty), a Gigue by Handel, Sonata in C- by C.P.E. Bach, and Sonata in C by Scarlatti. AND I'm going to start Ronda Alla Turka (Mozart) next week, which I'm insanely excited about because I've wanted to play that piece FOREVER.

Yep. Stuff's good.

~Sil

"I spent the afternoon cleaning out my wound."
"Your WHAT?"
"My wound."
"Oh. I just thought that if Kyle had a womb, something would be seriously wrong."

2 comments:

Inverted Frog said...

Oooh, I like this new banner. It's cool.

Now I need to translate GIMP back into English somehow so that I can use it again, since Adobe Photoshop got lost somewhere. <_<

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous, I wish I was still taking theory... piano not so much, but theory? HECK YES.