17 September 2007

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

I finally saw HP4 last night. Watched it on my dad's laptop with my brother. I actually really liked it, better than the previous three. But as always with movies based on books...they cut out parts. The Quidditch World Cup was all of about five minutes of the movie! I LOVED that part! And it showed the train coming into Hogwarts and the Beauxbatons and Durmstrang students arriving pretty much simultaneously. There was kinda more of a time lapse than that. But I really liked the people who played Fleur Delacour and Viktor Krum, even though Krum looked about twenty, and he's taking fourteen-year-old Hermione to the ball...cue eyeroll. Ben kept complaining about how he didn't like the new Dumbledore as well, but I think I liked him better. More like Gandalf. Harry was so small! He's the same height as Hermione, and Ron and Fred and George and even NEVILLE were about a foot taller than him. It's kinda cute.

I've also decided that I am SO a Harry/Hermione shipper. They're so much cuter than Hermione/Ron. All the angst about the ball was done very well, I thought. I liked how they kept the line - "Hermione, you're a girl!" "Oh, well spotted." It's so interesting when they fight. I sound callous, but it is. The challenges were COOL. I love the special effects in these movies.

It's kinda weird how I liked Hermione so much more in this one. I thought she was a bit meh before, and I still think her hair isn't curly enough and she's too pretty, but I liked her a lot better. Ron was better too. I'm really curious to see the fifth one now.

~Sil

"The only proof that humans came from monkeys is BEN!" - Carissa

4 comments:

Miliuel said...

Harry/Hermione... please... it is SO Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione...

You are disowning me, the series, and JK Rowling by that statement.


... but I'm glad you liked the movie.

Calminaiel said...

I have to agree with Miliuel up there about that one. =P lol.

Oh, and I figured that I'm not going to complain about Hermione's hair not being curly and poofy enough anymore. I mean, when you think about it, she is a growing teenage girl. And you and I both know (look at our hair) that as we get older we find ways to manage our hair so it at least looks like we're the one in control.

So my theory is that it's no different with Hermione. I'm sure she's finding some witchy way to deal with her hair.

~Calminaiel~

Melda said...

^Very good point. Hadn't thought of that - I guess if my hair were still as bushy-ish and out-of-control as I imagined hers to be, I would not be happy camper :P

And sorry, guys, I honestly think that Harry and Hermione are adorable together. Much cuter than Hermione/Ron. Sue me :) (I seem to have been using that phrase a lot lately...hmm...) Add to that that I'm not a huuuuge fan of the actress who does Ginny.

~Sil

Anonymous said...

Aww I think Ginny's cute. And I too am I giant fan of Harry/ Ginny and Ron/ Hermione, especially in the seventh book... the ron/ hermione dynamics were incredible.

And yes, I compeletely agree that the 4th movie is the best one I've seen so far, though I haven't seen the fifth one yet. I however was not a fan of the actress playing Fleur and I think it's unfortunate that she's going to reappear in later movies.