05 September 2007

GIMP!

For lack of anything else to post (that's really of much interest) I am going to, alas, brag about myself. It's sad fact.

Anyway, to elaborate, I have been playing with GIMP lately. It's, like, something Image Manipulation Program. I forget what the G stands for. So this basically means that I can make graphics. Or, heh, try to. So far I've only really been doing avatars, which are small 100x100 px images and therefore easy to work with. You use avatars on MSN, AIM, forums, message boards...that kind of thing. So far I've done:

Aragorn
Arwen
Eowyn
Frodo
Galadriel
Gandalf
Legolas
Sam

I am personally of the opinion that they're not half bad, though there are far more experienced graphic makers out there. I'm also attempting Haldir, but he's not really done, and he's not cooperating so far. And I haven't exactly progressed to banners yet, but maybe I'll get there.

School = good. Life in general = nothing to report.

~Sil

Reindeer: "I'm shaking the desk, I'm laughing so far."
*pause*
Reindeer: "Hard. Not far."
PotR: *envisions Reindeer sitting at desk and laughing while it bounces away down the street*

4 comments:

Kyleian said...

Love the Frodo one...

GIMP... yeah... I got it the other day, and LOVE it. But I've only made one avatar, because all my ideas are for banners or wallpapers.

I made the sig set I'm using now over on A-U right now, but that's my best one I made for myself.

Melda said...

I have a ton of ideas for banners but somehow I always end up doing avatars instead :P Plus my blending could be better, but I suppose that'll improve with time.

~Sil

Miliuel said...

I've been making graphics for a while now... I mostly use Microft Digital Image Suite and Paint.net (it's a free image program, really easy to use and fairly powerful). I've played around with the GIMP a little bit but not enough to really learn anything, lol.

Great job on the avvies... maybe work on the lighting a little bit, some of them are a bit dark. =)

Kyleian said...

Heh, yeah, my blending needs working on, A LOT.