04 June 2007

Aimlessness

No bad puns. I mean it. If my name happens to sound like the word 'aimless', it's really not my fault.

But yeah...I feel really restless and generally lacking a point in life at the moment. Bleh. I was all set up to go babysitting and then it turned out I didn't have to, which left me a whole afternoon to pretty much...do nothing. So I wandered around the house for a while without settling down to anything and eventually decided to do a blog post.

Pirates of Dark Hold Keep was on Friday, and it was fantastic. Best youth event of the year. Picture of me as a pirate, with Sarah also as a pirate. Debra with our 'treasure'. It was an amazing night, I had SO much fun. Bryan with his awesome piratey accent was SO cool, and the amazing piratey sponsors. I brought home a whole load of piratey stuff, including plastic gold and silver coins, a picture of Calico Jack Rackham's ship, apparently named The Bloated Porpoise (which is going up in my room) and a bunch of chocolate.

Helped set up for the penny carnival the youth put on for the Sunday school kids on Saturday, and got ice cream cake into the bargain, and had the quizzing wrapup Saturday evening. Quizzing is officially done until next year. Youth is ending this Tuesday. Piano is ending this Wednesday. Wow, and I think I'm aimless NOW.

Sunday we had the penny carnival, and I face-painted adorable little kids. Then I got to see more adorable little kids at my sister's dance recital, all dressed up as candy (there were peppermints, lemon drops, cookies, sugar crystals...I'm sure more I can't remember), which unfortunately I was not allowed to take pictures at. Sadness.

And...today has been unremarkable. So far. Maybe something fun will happen this evening.

~Sil

"There's a slight butt location problem."

3 comments:

Erin said...

i shall make this evening fun. bwahahahahaha...

adifferentfeeling said...

i'm so the pirate just kidding

Melda said...

Kyle commented! Yay! Er, and Erin too :) though that evil laugh makesme ever so slightly nervous...

~Sil